Feb 3, 2011, 8:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
It was a rough night for New York Islanders goalie Rick DiPietro, no doubt.
He went from grinning and giddy about getting into a goalie fight to being dropped with a single punch by Pittsburgh Penguins goalie Brent Johnson. Now that clip will likely run any time a goalie fight takes place.
So the video clip in this post – a solid stop by DiPietro – will probably fade much faster. Still, to be fair, it was probably the best save of a wild Wednesday night. So at least there’s that, right, Ricky D?
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 7
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 1
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 16
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13