Feb 2, 2011, 3:16 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are about to get some important help if they’re going to make a run at the playoffs in the Western Conference. Center Andy McDonald has been activated from injured reserve and will play on Friday night in St. Louis against Edmonton.
McDonald has missed the last 24 games with a concussion he suffered back in early December against those same Oilers. McDonald’s problems with this concussion show how long it can take a player to get right after suffering one as it’ll be exactly two months between games played for him.
McDonald had eight goals and nine assists for the Blues before being forced out of the lineup. The Blues have had their share of issues up front this season with injuries to T.J. Oshie and David Perron among others. Getting a solid face-off man and playmaker in McDonald back in the lineup should be a boost to the Blues offense. The Blues are currently tied with Columbus for fourth in the Central Division and are seven points behind San Jose and Chicago who are tied for seventh in the Western Conference.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 8
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 13
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)