Feb 2, 2011, 3:16 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are about to get some important help if they’re going to make a run at the playoffs in the Western Conference. Center Andy McDonald has been activated from injured reserve and will play on Friday night in St. Louis against Edmonton.
McDonald has missed the last 24 games with a concussion he suffered back in early December against those same Oilers. McDonald’s problems with this concussion show how long it can take a player to get right after suffering one as it’ll be exactly two months between games played for him.
McDonald had eight goals and nine assists for the Blues before being forced out of the lineup. The Blues have had their share of issues up front this season with injuries to T.J. Oshie and David Perron among others. Getting a solid face-off man and playmaker in McDonald back in the lineup should be a boost to the Blues offense. The Blues are currently tied with Columbus for fourth in the Central Division and are seven points behind San Jose and Chicago who are tied for seventh in the Western Conference.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 7
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 5
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 25
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 29
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)