Feb 2, 2011, 3:16 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are about to get some important help if they’re going to make a run at the playoffs in the Western Conference. Center Andy McDonald has been activated from injured reserve and will play on Friday night in St. Louis against Edmonton.
McDonald has missed the last 24 games with a concussion he suffered back in early December against those same Oilers. McDonald’s problems with this concussion show how long it can take a player to get right after suffering one as it’ll be exactly two months between games played for him.
McDonald had eight goals and nine assists for the Blues before being forced out of the lineup. The Blues have had their share of issues up front this season with injuries to T.J. Oshie and David Perron among others. Getting a solid face-off man and playmaker in McDonald back in the lineup should be a boost to the Blues offense. The Blues are currently tied with Columbus for fourth in the Central Division and are seven points behind San Jose and Chicago who are tied for seventh in the Western Conference.
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 3
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 10
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 73
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 16
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 35
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (77)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)