Feb 2, 2011, 3:16 PM EDT
The St. Louis Blues are about to get some important help if they’re going to make a run at the playoffs in the Western Conference. Center Andy McDonald has been activated from injured reserve and will play on Friday night in St. Louis against Edmonton.
McDonald has missed the last 24 games with a concussion he suffered back in early December against those same Oilers. McDonald’s problems with this concussion show how long it can take a player to get right after suffering one as it’ll be exactly two months between games played for him.
McDonald had eight goals and nine assists for the Blues before being forced out of the lineup. The Blues have had their share of issues up front this season with injuries to T.J. Oshie and David Perron among others. Getting a solid face-off man and playmaker in McDonald back in the lineup should be a boost to the Blues offense. The Blues are currently tied with Columbus for fourth in the Central Division and are seven points behind San Jose and Chicago who are tied for seventh in the Western Conference.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)