Feb 2, 2011, 3:16 PM EST
The St. Louis Blues are about to get some important help if they’re going to make a run at the playoffs in the Western Conference. Center Andy McDonald has been activated from injured reserve and will play on Friday night in St. Louis against Edmonton.
McDonald has missed the last 24 games with a concussion he suffered back in early December against those same Oilers. McDonald’s problems with this concussion show how long it can take a player to get right after suffering one as it’ll be exactly two months between games played for him.
McDonald had eight goals and nine assists for the Blues before being forced out of the lineup. The Blues have had their share of issues up front this season with injuries to T.J. Oshie and David Perron among others. Getting a solid face-off man and playmaker in McDonald back in the lineup should be a boost to the Blues offense. The Blues are currently tied with Columbus for fourth in the Central Division and are seven points behind San Jose and Chicago who are tied for seventh in the Western Conference.
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 18
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)