Feb 2, 2011, 9:27 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Phil Kessel was coming off one of the more bummed out All-Star weekends a guy can have. He was the last pick in the All-Star Fantasy Draft, he wasn’t able to dazzle us with anything in the skills competition, and he was the only forward to not end up with a point in the game itself. Getting back to normal life in the regular season seemed like a good idea.
Scott Clemmensen decided to make life a little harder for a moment on Kessel with his tremendous stop on Kessel as he broke in on him in overtime. Kessel made a beautiful move to slip past the defense but Clemmensen robbed him with a huge pad save. Clemmensen’s save was able to help the game move on to the shootout where the Leafs snatched victory away after blowing a 3-1 lead in the third period.
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 5
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 10
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 8
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 5
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 37
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 10
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)