Feb 2, 2011, 9:27 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Phil Kessel was coming off one of the more bummed out All-Star weekends a guy can have. He was the last pick in the All-Star Fantasy Draft, he wasn’t able to dazzle us with anything in the skills competition, and he was the only forward to not end up with a point in the game itself. Getting back to normal life in the regular season seemed like a good idea.
Scott Clemmensen decided to make life a little harder for a moment on Kessel with his tremendous stop on Kessel as he broke in on him in overtime. Kessel made a beautiful move to slip past the defense but Clemmensen robbed him with a huge pad save. Clemmensen’s save was able to help the game move on to the shootout where the Leafs snatched victory away after blowing a 3-1 lead in the third period.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)