Feb 2, 2011, 6:16 PM EDT
While the Rangers are getting healthy all over the ice with the return of Ryan Callahan and Brandon Dubinsky last night and Vinny Prospal set to return tomorrow night, one guy who won’t be back soon is Ruslan Fedotenko. Fedotenko will be out another 3-4 weeks after undergoing appendectomy surgery.
Fedotenko had been playing third and fourth line minutes for the Rangers in a depth role and has been out with a separated left shoulder of late but his return from that will now be delayed after having his appendix out. Fedotenko along with Erik Christensen are the last two starting forwards the team is missing out on in the starting lineup with everyone else back and healthy. The team is without Alexander Frolov for the remainder of the year after tearing ligaments in his knee.
Despite all the injuries, the Rangers are doing well in the playoff hunt in the Eastern Conference. With 62 points they’re sixth in the East, one point ahead of Montreal in seventh and five points ahead of Atlanta in eighth. The Rangers are just two points behind the Capitals in fifth place. Fedotenko was doing well but now the team will need to rely further on the likes of Kris Newbury to take that spot in the lineup.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)