Feb 2, 2011, 6:16 PM EDT
While the Rangers are getting healthy all over the ice with the return of Ryan Callahan and Brandon Dubinsky last night and Vinny Prospal set to return tomorrow night, one guy who won’t be back soon is Ruslan Fedotenko. Fedotenko will be out another 3-4 weeks after undergoing appendectomy surgery.
Fedotenko had been playing third and fourth line minutes for the Rangers in a depth role and has been out with a separated left shoulder of late but his return from that will now be delayed after having his appendix out. Fedotenko along with Erik Christensen are the last two starting forwards the team is missing out on in the starting lineup with everyone else back and healthy. The team is without Alexander Frolov for the remainder of the year after tearing ligaments in his knee.
Despite all the injuries, the Rangers are doing well in the playoff hunt in the Eastern Conference. With 62 points they’re sixth in the East, one point ahead of Montreal in seventh and five points ahead of Atlanta in eighth. The Rangers are just two points behind the Capitals in fifth place. Fedotenko was doing well but now the team will need to rely further on the likes of Kris Newbury to take that spot in the lineup.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 0
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 15
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 88
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 12
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 34
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (88)