Feb 2, 2011, 6:16 PM EST
While the Rangers are getting healthy all over the ice with the return of Ryan Callahan and Brandon Dubinsky last night and Vinny Prospal set to return tomorrow night, one guy who won’t be back soon is Ruslan Fedotenko. Fedotenko will be out another 3-4 weeks after undergoing appendectomy surgery.
Fedotenko had been playing third and fourth line minutes for the Rangers in a depth role and has been out with a separated left shoulder of late but his return from that will now be delayed after having his appendix out. Fedotenko along with Erik Christensen are the last two starting forwards the team is missing out on in the starting lineup with everyone else back and healthy. The team is without Alexander Frolov for the remainder of the year after tearing ligaments in his knee.
Despite all the injuries, the Rangers are doing well in the playoff hunt in the Eastern Conference. With 62 points they’re sixth in the East, one point ahead of Montreal in seventh and five points ahead of Atlanta in eighth. The Rangers are just two points behind the Capitals in fifth place. Fedotenko was doing well but now the team will need to rely further on the likes of Kris Newbury to take that spot in the lineup.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 0
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (46)