Feb 2, 2011, 6:16 PM EST
While the Rangers are getting healthy all over the ice with the return of Ryan Callahan and Brandon Dubinsky last night and Vinny Prospal set to return tomorrow night, one guy who won’t be back soon is Ruslan Fedotenko. Fedotenko will be out another 3-4 weeks after undergoing appendectomy surgery.
Fedotenko had been playing third and fourth line minutes for the Rangers in a depth role and has been out with a separated left shoulder of late but his return from that will now be delayed after having his appendix out. Fedotenko along with Erik Christensen are the last two starting forwards the team is missing out on in the starting lineup with everyone else back and healthy. The team is without Alexander Frolov for the remainder of the year after tearing ligaments in his knee.
Despite all the injuries, the Rangers are doing well in the playoff hunt in the Eastern Conference. With 62 points they’re sixth in the East, one point ahead of Montreal in seventh and five points ahead of Atlanta in eighth. The Rangers are just two points behind the Capitals in fifth place. Fedotenko was doing well but now the team will need to rely further on the likes of Kris Newbury to take that spot in the lineup.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)