Feb 2, 2011, 7:21 PM EST
As you likely know, what was supposed to be an Avalanche-Blues game on Tuesday, February 1st was postponed due to the weather issues in St. Louis. The NHL announced that the game will now be played on Tuesday, February 22nd.
Both teams are in the Western Conference playoff bubble muck right now, with Colorado in 10th place at 56 points and St. Louis still in it with 51. The schedule change could have a fairly big impact, so here’s how that game will look for both teams.
Context for St. Louis on Feb. 22:
February 18: at Buffalo
Feb. 19: home vs. Anaheim
Feb. 21: home vs. Chicago
Feb. 22: home vs. Colorado
Feb. 24: at Vancouver
Feb. 25: at Edmonton
So the Blues will play a whopping six games in eight days because of the schedule change, with three sets of back-to-back games.
Context for Avs on Feb. 22:
Feb. 19: at San Jose
Feb. 22: at St. Louis
Feb. 23: vs. Edmonton
Feb. 26: at Los Angeles
Feb. 27: at Anaheim
As you can see, the Avalanche will have a bit better luck than the Blues overall. That being said, the Avs will face a stretch in which five of their six games will be on the road and get a new back-to-back with the schedule change.
Overall, this postponement might not be great for either team, but executives were right in moving the game anyway. It seems to fall in line with a striking run of bad luck for St. Louis this season, though.
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 1
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 15
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 14
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 61
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)