Feb 2, 2011, 7:21 PM EDT
As you likely know, what was supposed to be an Avalanche-Blues game on Tuesday, February 1st was postponed due to the weather issues in St. Louis. The NHL announced that the game will now be played on Tuesday, February 22nd.
Both teams are in the Western Conference playoff bubble muck right now, with Colorado in 10th place at 56 points and St. Louis still in it with 51. The schedule change could have a fairly big impact, so here’s how that game will look for both teams.
Context for St. Louis on Feb. 22:
February 18: at Buffalo
Feb. 19: home vs. Anaheim
Feb. 21: home vs. Chicago
Feb. 22: home vs. Colorado
Feb. 24: at Vancouver
Feb. 25: at Edmonton
So the Blues will play a whopping six games in eight days because of the schedule change, with three sets of back-to-back games.
Context for Avs on Feb. 22:
Feb. 19: at San Jose
Feb. 22: at St. Louis
Feb. 23: vs. Edmonton
Feb. 26: at Los Angeles
Feb. 27: at Anaheim
As you can see, the Avalanche will have a bit better luck than the Blues overall. That being said, the Avs will face a stretch in which five of their six games will be on the road and get a new back-to-back with the schedule change.
Overall, this postponement might not be great for either team, but executives were right in moving the game anyway. It seems to fall in line with a striking run of bad luck for St. Louis this season, though.
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 15
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 25
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 30
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 27
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 13
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 51
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (51)