Feb 2, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
San Jose’s Kyle Wellwood is a bit famous on the Internet. His rather dubious photos in the past of him looking a bit out of shape and his struggles with staying in good game shape created memes all over the place. When things go wrong in either Toronto or Vancouver, these things will happen.
Last night, Wellwood got a bit of redemption for himself scoring his first goal as a Shark and he made it memorable by batting a rebound out of the air past Ilya Bryzgalov to tie the game up with Phoenix. The Sharks went on to complete the comeback and win 5-3 over Phoenix. The Sharks were down 3-0 at one point but after Antti Niemi was pulled Alex Stalock shut things down and earned his first NHL win in his debut in relief. Wellwood’s goal though was the rallying point in the third.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 1
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 70
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 30
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 53
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 34
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (70)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (53)