Feb 2, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
San Jose’s Kyle Wellwood is a bit famous on the Internet. His rather dubious photos in the past of him looking a bit out of shape and his struggles with staying in good game shape created memes all over the place. When things go wrong in either Toronto or Vancouver, these things will happen.
Last night, Wellwood got a bit of redemption for himself scoring his first goal as a Shark and he made it memorable by batting a rebound out of the air past Ilya Bryzgalov to tie the game up with Phoenix. The Sharks went on to complete the comeback and win 5-3 over Phoenix. The Sharks were down 3-0 at one point but after Antti Niemi was pulled Alex Stalock shut things down and earned his first NHL win in his debut in relief. Wellwood’s goal though was the rallying point in the third.
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)