Feb 2, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
San Jose’s Kyle Wellwood is a bit famous on the Internet. His rather dubious photos in the past of him looking a bit out of shape and his struggles with staying in good game shape created memes all over the place. When things go wrong in either Toronto or Vancouver, these things will happen.
Last night, Wellwood got a bit of redemption for himself scoring his first goal as a Shark and he made it memorable by batting a rebound out of the air past Ilya Bryzgalov to tie the game up with Phoenix. The Sharks went on to complete the comeback and win 5-3 over Phoenix. The Sharks were down 3-0 at one point but after Antti Niemi was pulled Alex Stalock shut things down and earned his first NHL win in his debut in relief. Wellwood’s goal though was the rallying point in the third.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)