Feb 2, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
San Jose’s Kyle Wellwood is a bit famous on the Internet. His rather dubious photos in the past of him looking a bit out of shape and his struggles with staying in good game shape created memes all over the place. When things go wrong in either Toronto or Vancouver, these things will happen.
Last night, Wellwood got a bit of redemption for himself scoring his first goal as a Shark and he made it memorable by batting a rebound out of the air past Ilya Bryzgalov to tie the game up with Phoenix. The Sharks went on to complete the comeback and win 5-3 over Phoenix. The Sharks were down 3-0 at one point but after Antti Niemi was pulled Alex Stalock shut things down and earned his first NHL win in his debut in relief. Wellwood’s goal though was the rallying point in the third.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 9
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 40