Feb 2, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
San Jose’s Kyle Wellwood is a bit famous on the Internet. His rather dubious photos in the past of him looking a bit out of shape and his struggles with staying in good game shape created memes all over the place. When things go wrong in either Toronto or Vancouver, these things will happen.
Last night, Wellwood got a bit of redemption for himself scoring his first goal as a Shark and he made it memorable by batting a rebound out of the air past Ilya Bryzgalov to tie the game up with Phoenix. The Sharks went on to complete the comeback and win 5-3 over Phoenix. The Sharks were down 3-0 at one point but after Antti Niemi was pulled Alex Stalock shut things down and earned his first NHL win in his debut in relief. Wellwood’s goal though was the rallying point in the third.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 15
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 9
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 18
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 19
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8