Feb 2, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
Ales Hemsky has been in and out of the Edmonton Oilers’ lineup often enough that I’m strongly considering setting some kind of “Mad Libs” style template to cover injury updates on the would-be star passer.
TSN reports that Hemsky is on his way back into the lineup. He’s missed 17 games so far this season with a variety of ailments from a groin injury to his recent concussion.
But the fact of the matter is that he’s worthy of the attention, even if the Oilers are out of playoff contention at this point. He’s been nearly a point per game player when he managed to play so far this season, netting nine goals and 20 assist for 29 points in 32 games.
His latest setback was concussion-related, though, so hopefully the Oilers aren’t rushing the oft-injured winger back. Considering how much trouble the Boston Bruins are dealing with after Marc Savard‘s (perhaps hasty) return from a head injury, Edmonton should err on the side of safety. Especially when you consider the fact that the team is only fighting for pride/good mojo/etc. at this moment in time.
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 1
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 28
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 31
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 5
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)