Feb 2, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
Ales Hemsky has been in and out of the Edmonton Oilers’ lineup often enough that I’m strongly considering setting some kind of “Mad Libs” style template to cover injury updates on the would-be star passer.
TSN reports that Hemsky is on his way back into the lineup. He’s missed 17 games so far this season with a variety of ailments from a groin injury to his recent concussion.
But the fact of the matter is that he’s worthy of the attention, even if the Oilers are out of playoff contention at this point. He’s been nearly a point per game player when he managed to play so far this season, netting nine goals and 20 assist for 29 points in 32 games.
His latest setback was concussion-related, though, so hopefully the Oilers aren’t rushing the oft-injured winger back. Considering how much trouble the Boston Bruins are dealing with after Marc Savard‘s (perhaps hasty) return from a head injury, Edmonton should err on the side of safety. Especially when you consider the fact that the team is only fighting for pride/good mojo/etc. at this moment in time.
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 30
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 18
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)