Feb 2, 2011, 9:30 PM EST
Ales Hemsky has been in and out of the Edmonton Oilers’ lineup often enough that I’m strongly considering setting some kind of “Mad Libs” style template to cover injury updates on the would-be star passer.
TSN reports that Hemsky is on his way back into the lineup. He’s missed 17 games so far this season with a variety of ailments from a groin injury to his recent concussion.
But the fact of the matter is that he’s worthy of the attention, even if the Oilers are out of playoff contention at this point. He’s been nearly a point per game player when he managed to play so far this season, netting nine goals and 20 assist for 29 points in 32 games.
His latest setback was concussion-related, though, so hopefully the Oilers aren’t rushing the oft-injured winger back. Considering how much trouble the Boston Bruins are dealing with after Marc Savard‘s (perhaps hasty) return from a head injury, Edmonton should err on the side of safety. Especially when you consider the fact that the team is only fighting for pride/good mojo/etc. at this moment in time.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 23
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)