Feb 2, 2011, 9:30 PM EDT
Ales Hemsky has been in and out of the Edmonton Oilers’ lineup often enough that I’m strongly considering setting some kind of “Mad Libs” style template to cover injury updates on the would-be star passer.
TSN reports that Hemsky is on his way back into the lineup. He’s missed 17 games so far this season with a variety of ailments from a groin injury to his recent concussion.
But the fact of the matter is that he’s worthy of the attention, even if the Oilers are out of playoff contention at this point. He’s been nearly a point per game player when he managed to play so far this season, netting nine goals and 20 assist for 29 points in 32 games.
His latest setback was concussion-related, though, so hopefully the Oilers aren’t rushing the oft-injured winger back. Considering how much trouble the Boston Bruins are dealing with after Marc Savard‘s (perhaps hasty) return from a head injury, Edmonton should err on the side of safety. Especially when you consider the fact that the team is only fighting for pride/good mojo/etc. at this moment in time.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)