Feb 1, 2011, 11:54 PM EST
Each week at ProHockeyTalk we’ll have NBC on NHL’s Mike Milbury join us with The Expert Guide to discuss the upcoming NBC Game of the Week and give us insight into the big match up.
This week, NBC’s Game of the Week features a Winter Classic rematch between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals. We know we’ll likely see Alexander Ovechkin, but without Sidney Crosby the game loses a bit of star power. Of course, it was in the Winter Classic where Crosby’s problems may have began when he was hit by David Steckel.
Mike examines how the Penguins are doing without Crosby in the lineup and why Alex Ovechkin might not be scoring as many goals as he normally does.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)