Feb 1, 2011, 11:54 PM EDT
Each week at ProHockeyTalk we’ll have NBC on NHL’s Mike Milbury join us with The Expert Guide to discuss the upcoming NBC Game of the Week and give us insight into the big match up.
This week, NBC’s Game of the Week features a Winter Classic rematch between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals. We know we’ll likely see Alexander Ovechkin, but without Sidney Crosby the game loses a bit of star power. Of course, it was in the Winter Classic where Crosby’s problems may have began when he was hit by David Steckel.
Mike examines how the Penguins are doing without Crosby in the lineup and why Alex Ovechkin might not be scoring as many goals as he normally does.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)