Feb 1, 2011, 11:54 PM EDT
Each week at ProHockeyTalk we’ll have NBC on NHL’s Mike Milbury join us with The Expert Guide to discuss the upcoming NBC Game of the Week and give us insight into the big match up.
This week, NBC’s Game of the Week features a Winter Classic rematch between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals. We know we’ll likely see Alexander Ovechkin, but without Sidney Crosby the game loses a bit of star power. Of course, it was in the Winter Classic where Crosby’s problems may have began when he was hit by David Steckel.
Mike examines how the Penguins are doing without Crosby in the lineup and why Alex Ovechkin might not be scoring as many goals as he normally does.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5