Feb 1, 2011, 11:54 PM EST
Each week at ProHockeyTalk we’ll have NBC on NHL’s Mike Milbury join us with The Expert Guide to discuss the upcoming NBC Game of the Week and give us insight into the big match up.
This week, NBC’s Game of the Week features a Winter Classic rematch between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals. We know we’ll likely see Alexander Ovechkin, but without Sidney Crosby the game loses a bit of star power. Of course, it was in the Winter Classic where Crosby’s problems may have began when he was hit by David Steckel.
Mike examines how the Penguins are doing without Crosby in the lineup and why Alex Ovechkin might not be scoring as many goals as he normally does.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 20
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 57
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)