Feb 1, 2011, 11:54 PM EST
Each week at ProHockeyTalk we’ll have NBC on NHL’s Mike Milbury join us with The Expert Guide to discuss the upcoming NBC Game of the Week and give us insight into the big match up.
This week, NBC’s Game of the Week features a Winter Classic rematch between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals. We know we’ll likely see Alexander Ovechkin, but without Sidney Crosby the game loses a bit of star power. Of course, it was in the Winter Classic where Crosby’s problems may have began when he was hit by David Steckel.
Mike examines how the Penguins are doing without Crosby in the lineup and why Alex Ovechkin might not be scoring as many goals as he normally does.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 9
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 9
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 24
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)