Feb 1, 2011, 8:53 PM EST
Each week at ProHockeyTalk we’ll have NBC on NHL’s Mike Milbury join us with Maximum Returns to discuss the hot stories of the week and give us his thoughts on what’s going on in the NHL.
This week, Mike discusses the race in the Eastern Conference playoffs and who he thinks looks strong and who might be facing some trouble in the second half of the season.
Milbury also takes an early look at which teams should be looking to shop some of their players and who should be buying with the NHL trade deadline coming up at the end of February. As you might expect, Tomas Kaberle is just one of the names being thrown around. It’s not an official trade deadline without Tomas Kaberle.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 58
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 20
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (58)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)