Feb 1, 2011, 8:53 PM EDT
Each week at ProHockeyTalk we’ll have NBC on NHL’s Mike Milbury join us with Maximum Returns to discuss the hot stories of the week and give us his thoughts on what’s going on in the NHL.
This week, Mike discusses the race in the Eastern Conference playoffs and who he thinks looks strong and who might be facing some trouble in the second half of the season.
Milbury also takes an early look at which teams should be looking to shop some of their players and who should be buying with the NHL trade deadline coming up at the end of February. As you might expect, Tomas Kaberle is just one of the names being thrown around. It’s not an official trade deadline without Tomas Kaberle.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 0
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 11
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 16
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)