Feb 1, 2011, 4:30 PM EST
There have been some pretty big names in politics, entertainment and other highly publicized professions who shared their interest and approval of hockey.
Sarah Palin’s hockey fandom gained considerable notoriety once she became a vice presidential candidate. Kiefer Sutherland voiced the introduction for NHL presentations. Just about every Canadian celebrity has shown interest in the sport.
Yet there still seems to be something special about First Lady Michelle Obama speaking on the sport’s behalf.
Obama appeared in a public service announcement for USA Hockey and the NHL, which you can see in the video below. It’s part of an effort to get kids to exercise via the Let’s Move campaign (one would assume so they don’t become pear-shaped hockey bloggers).
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 144
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 117
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (144)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (117)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)