Feb 1, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
There have been some pretty big names in politics, entertainment and other highly publicized professions who shared their interest and approval of hockey.
Sarah Palin’s hockey fandom gained considerable notoriety once she became a vice presidential candidate. Kiefer Sutherland voiced the introduction for NHL presentations. Just about every Canadian celebrity has shown interest in the sport.
Yet there still seems to be something special about First Lady Michelle Obama speaking on the sport’s behalf.
Obama appeared in a public service announcement for USA Hockey and the NHL, which you can see in the video below. It’s part of an effort to get kids to exercise via the Let’s Move campaign (one would assume so they don’t become pear-shaped hockey bloggers).
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21