Feb 1, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
There have been some pretty big names in politics, entertainment and other highly publicized professions who shared their interest and approval of hockey.
Sarah Palin’s hockey fandom gained considerable notoriety once she became a vice presidential candidate. Kiefer Sutherland voiced the introduction for NHL presentations. Just about every Canadian celebrity has shown interest in the sport.
Yet there still seems to be something special about First Lady Michelle Obama speaking on the sport’s behalf.
Obama appeared in a public service announcement for USA Hockey and the NHL, which you can see in the video below. It’s part of an effort to get kids to exercise via the Let’s Move campaign (one would assume so they don’t become pear-shaped hockey bloggers).
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 23
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 36
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 111
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79