Feb 1, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
There have been some pretty big names in politics, entertainment and other highly publicized professions who shared their interest and approval of hockey.
Sarah Palin’s hockey fandom gained considerable notoriety once she became a vice presidential candidate. Kiefer Sutherland voiced the introduction for NHL presentations. Just about every Canadian celebrity has shown interest in the sport.
Yet there still seems to be something special about First Lady Michelle Obama speaking on the sport’s behalf.
Obama appeared in a public service announcement for USA Hockey and the NHL, which you can see in the video below. It’s part of an effort to get kids to exercise via the Let’s Move campaign (one would assume so they don’t become pear-shaped hockey bloggers).
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 11
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 33
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25