Feb 1, 2011, 7:45 PM EST
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
Sometimes the Save of the Week is pretty obvious. This is one of those times.
With all due respect to the work done by the other three goalies in the All-Star Game shortened week of January 24-30th, Nicklas Backstrom‘s desperation save was clearly the best of the bunch. He seemingly was taken out of the play by his own sprawling teammate, yet he hustled back to make an outstanding stop.
Check out the poll results below.
Finally, here’s video of the save itself.
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 7
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 2
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 10
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 8
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 26
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4