Feb 1, 2011, 1:47 PM EST
Not breaking news: it’s snowing … just about everywhere. (It’s even snowy here in good old non-traditional Texas, of all places.)
Who knows if any other games will follow suit, but Darren Pang reports that the Colorado Avalanche at St. Louis Blues game has been postponed because of weather concerns.
Apparently hockey players can have “snow days” too. Kudos to whichever official decided to err on the side of safety. After all, no one wants to get stuck on a highway for eight hours tonight.
Don’t worry though, hockey fans, there are still plenty of games to watch. Until further notice, there are 12 other games occurring on this Tuesday back from the all-star break.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 10
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 5
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 39
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 3
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 7
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 14
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)