Feb 1, 2011, 1:47 PM EDT
Not breaking news: it’s snowing … just about everywhere. (It’s even snowy here in good old non-traditional Texas, of all places.)
Who knows if any other games will follow suit, but Darren Pang reports that the Colorado Avalanche at St. Louis Blues game has been postponed because of weather concerns.
Apparently hockey players can have “snow days” too. Kudos to whichever official decided to err on the side of safety. After all, no one wants to get stuck on a highway for eight hours tonight.
Don’t worry though, hockey fans, there are still plenty of games to watch. Until further notice, there are 12 other games occurring on this Tuesday back from the all-star break.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)