Feb 1, 2011, 1:47 PM EST
Not breaking news: it’s snowing … just about everywhere. (It’s even snowy here in good old non-traditional Texas, of all places.)
Who knows if any other games will follow suit, but Darren Pang reports that the Colorado Avalanche at St. Louis Blues game has been postponed because of weather concerns.
Apparently hockey players can have “snow days” too. Kudos to whichever official decided to err on the side of safety. After all, no one wants to get stuck on a highway for eight hours tonight.
Don’t worry though, hockey fans, there are still plenty of games to watch. Until further notice, there are 12 other games occurring on this Tuesday back from the all-star break.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)