Feb 1, 2011, 1:47 PM EDT
Not breaking news: it’s snowing … just about everywhere. (It’s even snowy here in good old non-traditional Texas, of all places.)
Who knows if any other games will follow suit, but Darren Pang reports that the Colorado Avalanche at St. Louis Blues game has been postponed because of weather concerns.
Apparently hockey players can have “snow days” too. Kudos to whichever official decided to err on the side of safety. After all, no one wants to get stuck on a highway for eight hours tonight.
Don’t worry though, hockey fans, there are still plenty of games to watch. Until further notice, there are 12 other games occurring on this Tuesday back from the all-star break.
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 3
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 30
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)