Jan 31, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
As hockey fans, we often get wrapped up in wins, losses, goals and assists. It’s easy to forget that there are human beings driving those numbers.
Nashville Predators forward Jordin Tootoo voluntarily checked himself into the NHL/NHL Players Assocation’s Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health Program in late December. While he hasn’t been cleared to play in games or travel with the team during road trips, the NHL and NHLPA announced that Tootoo has been cleared to practice with the club again.
Tootoo has entered the “follow-up phase” of the rehab process, so he still has to clear some hurdles to appear in NHL games.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 0
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 4
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)