Jan 31, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
As hockey fans, we often get wrapped up in wins, losses, goals and assists. It’s easy to forget that there are human beings driving those numbers.
Nashville Predators forward Jordin Tootoo voluntarily checked himself into the NHL/NHL Players Assocation’s Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health Program in late December. While he hasn’t been cleared to play in games or travel with the team during road trips, the NHL and NHLPA announced that Tootoo has been cleared to practice with the club again.
Tootoo has entered the “follow-up phase” of the rehab process, so he still has to clear some hurdles to appear in NHL games.
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 0
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 11
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 38
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 95
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (95)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)