Jan 31, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
As hockey fans, we often get wrapped up in wins, losses, goals and assists. It’s easy to forget that there are human beings driving those numbers.
Nashville Predators forward Jordin Tootoo voluntarily checked himself into the NHL/NHL Players Assocation’s Substance Abuse and Behavioral Health Program in late December. While he hasn’t been cleared to play in games or travel with the team during road trips, the NHL and NHLPA announced that Tootoo has been cleared to practice with the club again.
Tootoo has entered the “follow-up phase” of the rehab process, so he still has to clear some hurdles to appear in NHL games.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)