Jan 31, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Much like in the NFL’s Pro Bowl, flashy scoring wasn’t exactly hard to come by in Sunday’s All-Star Game. Of course, those clips also seem a little flatter since world-class defensemen were acting more like on-ice spectators.
Matt Duchene provided a nice breakaway goal thanks to a great outlet pass. Patrick Sharp earned the MVP thanks to some solid work early in the game. Claude Giroux put a nifty shot past Marc-Andre Fleury. Those were all nice tallies, but fell short of being the day’s best.
Perhaps we’re wrong, but the standout goal came from a great player far-too-often overlooked since his games often take place after many people’s bed times: Anze Kopitar of the Los Angeles Kings. Check out this great goal by the best hockey player in Slovenian history.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)