Jan 31, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Much like in the NFL’s Pro Bowl, flashy scoring wasn’t exactly hard to come by in Sunday’s All-Star Game. Of course, those clips also seem a little flatter since world-class defensemen were acting more like on-ice spectators.
Matt Duchene provided a nice breakaway goal thanks to a great outlet pass. Patrick Sharp earned the MVP thanks to some solid work early in the game. Claude Giroux put a nifty shot past Marc-Andre Fleury. Those were all nice tallies, but fell short of being the day’s best.
Perhaps we’re wrong, but the standout goal came from a great player far-too-often overlooked since his games often take place after many people’s bed times: Anze Kopitar of the Los Angeles Kings. Check out this great goal by the best hockey player in Slovenian history.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 0
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 28
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 24
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)