Jan 31, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Much like in the NFL’s Pro Bowl, flashy scoring wasn’t exactly hard to come by in Sunday’s All-Star Game. Of course, those clips also seem a little flatter since world-class defensemen were acting more like on-ice spectators.
Matt Duchene provided a nice breakaway goal thanks to a great outlet pass. Patrick Sharp earned the MVP thanks to some solid work early in the game. Claude Giroux put a nifty shot past Marc-Andre Fleury. Those were all nice tallies, but fell short of being the day’s best.
Perhaps we’re wrong, but the standout goal came from a great player far-too-often overlooked since his games often take place after many people’s bed times: Anze Kopitar of the Los Angeles Kings. Check out this great goal by the best hockey player in Slovenian history.
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 9
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 28
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 80
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)