Jan 31, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Much like in the NFL’s Pro Bowl, flashy scoring wasn’t exactly hard to come by in Sunday’s All-Star Game. Of course, those clips also seem a little flatter since world-class defensemen were acting more like on-ice spectators.
Matt Duchene provided a nice breakaway goal thanks to a great outlet pass. Patrick Sharp earned the MVP thanks to some solid work early in the game. Claude Giroux put a nifty shot past Marc-Andre Fleury. Those were all nice tallies, but fell short of being the day’s best.
Perhaps we’re wrong, but the standout goal came from a great player far-too-often overlooked since his games often take place after many people’s bed times: Anze Kopitar of the Los Angeles Kings. Check out this great goal by the best hockey player in Slovenian history.
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 23
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 14
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 2
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 54
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)