Jan 30, 2011, 10:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
While the SuperSkills Elimination might have been the exception since goalies actually fared pretty well, the overall skills competition wasn’t a great night for netminders. (Just ask Tim Thomas.)
In other words, there were a lot of great goals (and adorable miniature nets!). Evgeny Dadonov took a few tries to get it right, but provided an impressive goal in the first shootout event. Martin St. Louis scored twice with his back turned to the net, providing some spellbinding moves. Corey Perry didn’t score a goal but dazzled with a lacrosse-style bit of hand eye coordination.
Ultimately, though, we decided to go with Alex Ovechkin, whose unusual goal earned him a fan-voted victory in the breakaway challenge. Sure, Marc-Andre Fleury didn’t provide much resistance, but it’s still a fun clip to watch.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 71
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 87
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (87)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (80)