Jan 30, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
While the SuperSkills Elimination might have been the exception since goalies actually fared pretty well, the overall skills competition wasn’t a great night for netminders. (Just ask Tim Thomas.)
In other words, there were a lot of great goals (and adorable miniature nets!). Evgeny Dadonov took a few tries to get it right, but provided an impressive goal in the first shootout event. Martin St. Louis scored twice with his back turned to the net, providing some spellbinding moves. Corey Perry didn’t score a goal but dazzled with a lacrosse-style bit of hand eye coordination.
Ultimately, though, we decided to go with Alex Ovechkin, whose unusual goal earned him a fan-voted victory in the breakaway challenge. Sure, Marc-Andre Fleury didn’t provide much resistance, but it’s still a fun clip to watch.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)