Jan 30, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
The 2011 NHL All-Star Game hasn’t begun yet, but this weekend’s buildup already created some embarrassing moments. Luckily all three All-Stars handled those moments with some good humor, whether the effects were out of their hands or self imposed.
In the first video, you’ll see the squirm-inducing moment in which Toronto Maple Leafs forward Phil Kessel went last in the Friday Fantasy Draft. He actually went second to last in the PHT Mock Draft, so these results aren’t that stunning. To be fair to Kessel, Erik Karlsson may have been the last pick if there weren’t requirements for drafting goalies and defensemen earlier.
Tim Thomas is one of the best personalities of all the league’s goalies, which even is apparent in the way he plays the game. It’s good that he has a great sense of humor because he took an amusing spill during the fastest skater competition, which you can see in the second video.
The final clip captures the hockey stick difficulties faced by Alex Ovechkin, who handled it with humor and confusion.
Kessel as Mr. Irrelevant:
Ovechkin’s hardest shot problems:
- Once again, Carlyle’s Leafs are searching for answers 3
- Video: Sens, Leafs, Habs combine for beautiful tribute following Ottawa shootings 4
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 11
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 8
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 34
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (83)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? (37)
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case (36)