Jan 29, 2011, 6:55 PM EDT
Last weekend, we passed along a TMZ Sports report that a woman accused Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Mike Komisarek of hitting her at a Hollywood night club. TMZ Sports now reports that there are some conflicting sides to the story, as multiple witnesses say that Komisarek “never raised his fists” during the altercation.
Witnesses instead say that there was an incident in which Komisarek raised the woman in the air – as previously reported – only that the woman smacked her nose on his head when he was putting her down, which caused her bleeding. This conflicts with the woman’s claims that he punched her.
TMZ Sports reports that the investigation is ongoing, but no charges have been filed.
Either way, it’s an embarrassing situation. You cannot ask hockey players (or any other professional athletes) to be saints, but perhaps someone should remind them that lifting women at clubs might not be the greatest idea. Especially if they may or may not have a few drinks in them.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 2
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)