Jan 29, 2011, 6:55 PM EDT
Last weekend, we passed along a TMZ Sports report that a woman accused Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Mike Komisarek of hitting her at a Hollywood night club. TMZ Sports now reports that there are some conflicting sides to the story, as multiple witnesses say that Komisarek “never raised his fists” during the altercation.
Witnesses instead say that there was an incident in which Komisarek raised the woman in the air – as previously reported – only that the woman smacked her nose on his head when he was putting her down, which caused her bleeding. This conflicts with the woman’s claims that he punched her.
TMZ Sports reports that the investigation is ongoing, but no charges have been filed.
Either way, it’s an embarrassing situation. You cannot ask hockey players (or any other professional athletes) to be saints, but perhaps someone should remind them that lifting women at clubs might not be the greatest idea. Especially if they may or may not have a few drinks in them.
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 0
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 8
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 0
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 51
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (51)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)