Jan 29, 2011, 6:55 PM EDT
Last weekend, we passed along a TMZ Sports report that a woman accused Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Mike Komisarek of hitting her at a Hollywood night club. TMZ Sports now reports that there are some conflicting sides to the story, as multiple witnesses say that Komisarek “never raised his fists” during the altercation.
Witnesses instead say that there was an incident in which Komisarek raised the woman in the air – as previously reported – only that the woman smacked her nose on his head when he was putting her down, which caused her bleeding. This conflicts with the woman’s claims that he punched her.
TMZ Sports reports that the investigation is ongoing, but no charges have been filed.
Either way, it’s an embarrassing situation. You cannot ask hockey players (or any other professional athletes) to be saints, but perhaps someone should remind them that lifting women at clubs might not be the greatest idea. Especially if they may or may not have a few drinks in them.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 22
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 12
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 7
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 15
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 56
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1