Jan 29, 2011, 6:55 PM EST
Last weekend, we passed along a TMZ Sports report that a woman accused Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Mike Komisarek of hitting her at a Hollywood night club. TMZ Sports now reports that there are some conflicting sides to the story, as multiple witnesses say that Komisarek “never raised his fists” during the altercation.
Witnesses instead say that there was an incident in which Komisarek raised the woman in the air – as previously reported – only that the woman smacked her nose on his head when he was putting her down, which caused her bleeding. This conflicts with the woman’s claims that he punched her.
TMZ Sports reports that the investigation is ongoing, but no charges have been filed.
Either way, it’s an embarrassing situation. You cannot ask hockey players (or any other professional athletes) to be saints, but perhaps someone should remind them that lifting women at clubs might not be the greatest idea. Especially if they may or may not have a few drinks in them.
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 2
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 5
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 5
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 24
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)