Jan 29, 2011, 6:55 PM EDT
Last weekend, we passed along a TMZ Sports report that a woman accused Toronto Maple Leafs defenseman Mike Komisarek of hitting her at a Hollywood night club. TMZ Sports now reports that there are some conflicting sides to the story, as multiple witnesses say that Komisarek “never raised his fists” during the altercation.
Witnesses instead say that there was an incident in which Komisarek raised the woman in the air – as previously reported – only that the woman smacked her nose on his head when he was putting her down, which caused her bleeding. This conflicts with the woman’s claims that he punched her.
TMZ Sports reports that the investigation is ongoing, but no charges have been filed.
Either way, it’s an embarrassing situation. You cannot ask hockey players (or any other professional athletes) to be saints, but perhaps someone should remind them that lifting women at clubs might not be the greatest idea. Especially if they may or may not have a few drinks in them.
- Prust fined $5K for ‘baseless and demeaning’ Watson comments 16
- Prust apologizes for all the stuff he said about referee Watson 42
- Flyers will be ‘extremely patient’ with youngsters, but ‘want a winner as soon as possible’ 22
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 15
- Holtby outduels Lundqvist as Caps take series lead 52
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 65
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 26
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 26
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 9
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- ‘You can’t win,’ ex-NHL ref Fraser says of Prust incident (83)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)
- Babcock won’t discuss future yet, but sees challenges ahead for Wings (78)
- New York second: Capitals stun Rangers for 1-0 series lead (76)