Jan 29, 2011, 7:37 PM EST
Crosby has missed the last nine games for Pittsburgh with a concussion and his treatment has been handled carefully to do their best to ensure that he won’t have future problems. In his absence the Penguins have gone 5-4-0 and their offense has been a bit more quiet without their top scorer.
The Penguins have been dealing with the absence of both Crosby and Evgeni Malkin of late as he’s been out with a sinus infection. Both players were excused from the All-Star Game because of injuries but for the Penguins, they’ll need both players back sooner than not to keep pace with the Flyers in the Eastern Conference.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 2
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 7
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 20
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11