Jan 29, 2011, 7:37 PM EDT
Crosby has missed the last nine games for Pittsburgh with a concussion and his treatment has been handled carefully to do their best to ensure that he won’t have future problems. In his absence the Penguins have gone 5-4-0 and their offense has been a bit more quiet without their top scorer.
The Penguins have been dealing with the absence of both Crosby and Evgeni Malkin of late as he’s been out with a sinus infection. Both players were excused from the All-Star Game because of injuries but for the Penguins, they’ll need both players back sooner than not to keep pace with the Flyers in the Eastern Conference.
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 11
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 25
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28