Jan 29, 2011, 7:37 PM EDT
Crosby has missed the last nine games for Pittsburgh with a concussion and his treatment has been handled carefully to do their best to ensure that he won’t have future problems. In his absence the Penguins have gone 5-4-0 and their offense has been a bit more quiet without their top scorer.
The Penguins have been dealing with the absence of both Crosby and Evgeni Malkin of late as he’s been out with a sinus infection. Both players were excused from the All-Star Game because of injuries but for the Penguins, they’ll need both players back sooner than not to keep pace with the Flyers in the Eastern Conference.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5