Jan 29, 2011, 11:29 PM EST
Patrick Kane’s Stanley Cup-winning shot didn’t just foil Philadelphia Flyers goalie Michael Leighton. A good chunk of the hockey watching public couldn’t tell that the puck crossed the red line on that sudden Kane shot. The chaos following the goal caused a lot of confusion and perhaps for that reason, the location of the Chicago Blackhawks’ Cup winning puck remains unknown.
The Chicago Tribune reports that the city’s high ranking investigators are willing to help the team track down the historic puck. Before you get angry about the waste of taxpayers money, relax: word is that the Chicago FBI are assisting the search “on their own time.”
You might think that Chris Pronger would be the hot witness in the case, but he at least claims that he was too dejected by that deciding loss to focus on his puck nabbing antics.
While the FBI is willing to lend a hand, this is still an unsolved mystery. Surely there’s some ice hockey/”cold case file” pun opportunties floating around, but I’ll leave those to our plucky commenters.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 132
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 115
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (115)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)