Jan 29, 2011, 7:51 PM EDT
Just about every talking head predicted that Michael Grabner would have a great chance of ending up the fastest skater tonight and he didn’t disappoint. The speedy New York Islanders right winger earned the fastest times of the night and helped Team Staal defeat Team Lidstrom 5-3.
Full times at the bottom of this post.
Backward skating: Kris Letang narrowly beats Duncan Keith (one point for Team Staal)
Rookies straight ahead: Michael Grabner beats Taylor Hall by a half second (one point for Team Staal)
Goalies: Cam Ward beats Tim Thomas, who fell (one point for Team Staal)
Full straight ahead: Martin St. Louis narrowly beats Ryan Kesler (one point for Team Lidstrom)
Full straight ahead: Steven Stamkos beats Mike Green (one point for Team Lidstrom)
Full straight ahead: Matt Duchene beats Marc Staal (one point for Team Lidstrom)
Two point race: Michael Grabner beats Taylor Hall again (two points for Team Staal)
Here are the detailed player-by-player best times, via NHL.com.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6