Jan 29, 2011, 7:51 PM EDT
Just about every talking head predicted that Michael Grabner would have a great chance of ending up the fastest skater tonight and he didn’t disappoint. The speedy New York Islanders right winger earned the fastest times of the night and helped Team Staal defeat Team Lidstrom 5-3.
Full times at the bottom of this post.
Backward skating: Kris Letang narrowly beats Duncan Keith (one point for Team Staal)
Rookies straight ahead: Michael Grabner beats Taylor Hall by a half second (one point for Team Staal)
Goalies: Cam Ward beats Tim Thomas, who fell (one point for Team Staal)
Full straight ahead: Martin St. Louis narrowly beats Ryan Kesler (one point for Team Lidstrom)
Full straight ahead: Steven Stamkos beats Mike Green (one point for Team Lidstrom)
Full straight ahead: Matt Duchene beats Marc Staal (one point for Team Lidstrom)
Two point race: Michael Grabner beats Taylor Hall again (two points for Team Staal)
Here are the detailed player-by-player best times, via NHL.com.
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 7
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 22
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 7
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 13
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 21
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22