Jan 29, 2011, 7:51 PM EDT
Just about every talking head predicted that Michael Grabner would have a great chance of ending up the fastest skater tonight and he didn’t disappoint. The speedy New York Islanders right winger earned the fastest times of the night and helped Team Staal defeat Team Lidstrom 5-3.
Full times at the bottom of this post.
Backward skating: Kris Letang narrowly beats Duncan Keith (one point for Team Staal)
Rookies straight ahead: Michael Grabner beats Taylor Hall by a half second (one point for Team Staal)
Goalies: Cam Ward beats Tim Thomas, who fell (one point for Team Staal)
Full straight ahead: Martin St. Louis narrowly beats Ryan Kesler (one point for Team Lidstrom)
Full straight ahead: Steven Stamkos beats Mike Green (one point for Team Lidstrom)
Full straight ahead: Matt Duchene beats Marc Staal (one point for Team Lidstrom)
Two point race: Michael Grabner beats Taylor Hall again (two points for Team Staal)
Here are the detailed player-by-player best times, via NHL.com.
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 0
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 23
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 15
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- Tandem locked: Sens re-sign Anderson to three-year, $12.6M deal 9
- It’s Toronto Maple Leafs day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Maurice Richard named greatest player in Canadiens history 15