Jan 29, 2011, 7:51 PM EDT
Just about every talking head predicted that Michael Grabner would have a great chance of ending up the fastest skater tonight and he didn’t disappoint. The speedy New York Islanders right winger earned the fastest times of the night and helped Team Staal defeat Team Lidstrom 5-3.
Full times at the bottom of this post.
Backward skating: Kris Letang narrowly beats Duncan Keith (one point for Team Staal)
Rookies straight ahead: Michael Grabner beats Taylor Hall by a half second (one point for Team Staal)
Goalies: Cam Ward beats Tim Thomas, who fell (one point for Team Staal)
Full straight ahead: Martin St. Louis narrowly beats Ryan Kesler (one point for Team Lidstrom)
Full straight ahead: Steven Stamkos beats Mike Green (one point for Team Lidstrom)
Full straight ahead: Matt Duchene beats Marc Staal (one point for Team Lidstrom)
Two point race: Michael Grabner beats Taylor Hall again (two points for Team Staal)
Here are the detailed player-by-player best times, via NHL.com.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 0
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 2
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 10
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 26
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 12
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 68
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination