Jan 29, 2011, 9:54 PM EDT
The NHL SuperSkills closed out with the Elimination Shootout. This meant that shooters had to score in order to advance further and for this round, it came down to the stellar Martin St. Louis and Corey Perry. Perry was able to hang in there the longest as hometown hero Cam Ward stopped St. Louis to win it for Team Staal. St. Louis was able to dazzle the fans with his two goals but was unable to win the event for Team Lidstrom.
Team Staal rolled to victory in the SuperSkills earning a 33-22 victory in points over Team Lidstrom closing out a dominant night for the hometown captain’s team.
This sets the table for tomorrow afternoon’s All-Star Game to see if Team Lidstrom can win the war after Team Staal won the battle tonight. That’s about as wildly overdramatic as it gets when it comes to the All-Star Game. Soak it in for a bit.
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 2
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 66
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 16
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for today 12
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 25
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 49
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 22
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 43
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)