Jan 29, 2011, 9:54 PM EDT
The NHL SuperSkills closed out with the Elimination Shootout. This meant that shooters had to score in order to advance further and for this round, it came down to the stellar Martin St. Louis and Corey Perry. Perry was able to hang in there the longest as hometown hero Cam Ward stopped St. Louis to win it for Team Staal. St. Louis was able to dazzle the fans with his two goals but was unable to win the event for Team Lidstrom.
Team Staal rolled to victory in the SuperSkills earning a 33-22 victory in points over Team Lidstrom closing out a dominant night for the hometown captain’s team.
This sets the table for tomorrow afternoon’s All-Star Game to see if Team Lidstrom can win the war after Team Staal won the battle tonight. That’s about as wildly overdramatic as it gets when it comes to the All-Star Game. Soak it in for a bit.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)