Jan 29, 2011, 9:54 PM EST
The NHL SuperSkills closed out with the Elimination Shootout. This meant that shooters had to score in order to advance further and for this round, it came down to the stellar Martin St. Louis and Corey Perry. Perry was able to hang in there the longest as hometown hero Cam Ward stopped St. Louis to win it for Team Staal. St. Louis was able to dazzle the fans with his two goals but was unable to win the event for Team Lidstrom.
Team Staal rolled to victory in the SuperSkills earning a 33-22 victory in points over Team Lidstrom closing out a dominant night for the hometown captain’s team.
This sets the table for tomorrow afternoon’s All-Star Game to see if Team Lidstrom can win the war after Team Staal won the battle tonight. That’s about as wildly overdramatic as it gets when it comes to the All-Star Game. Soak it in for a bit.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 3
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 20
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 14
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27