Jan 29, 2011, 9:54 PM EST
The NHL SuperSkills closed out with the Elimination Shootout. This meant that shooters had to score in order to advance further and for this round, it came down to the stellar Martin St. Louis and Corey Perry. Perry was able to hang in there the longest as hometown hero Cam Ward stopped St. Louis to win it for Team Staal. St. Louis was able to dazzle the fans with his two goals but was unable to win the event for Team Lidstrom.
Team Staal rolled to victory in the SuperSkills earning a 33-22 victory in points over Team Lidstrom closing out a dominant night for the hometown captain’s team.
This sets the table for tomorrow afternoon’s All-Star Game to see if Team Lidstrom can win the war after Team Staal won the battle tonight. That’s about as wildly overdramatic as it gets when it comes to the All-Star Game. Soak it in for a bit.
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 17
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 28
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 36
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 58
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)