Jan 29, 2011, 8:54 PM EST
In the skills challenge relay teams have to do a host of skills in a timed event. They have to hit three one-timer slap shots from three players at different ranges from the net, hit six small net targets with passes in the neutral zone, skate two different drills with the puck maneuvering around cones and other obstacles and close things out with the accuracy shooting challenge.
This time around, Team Lidstrom was able to get a few points back in the competition thanks to one of their relay teams logging a time of 2:09, much in part thanks to Jonathan Toews burying his shots in the accuracy challenge in lightning fast time going four-for-four to close it out.
With the points won in the skills relay challenge, Team Lidstrom cut into Team Staal’s lead but Team Staal is running away with the competition 21-11.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 45
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 19
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32