Jan 29, 2011, 8:54 PM EDT
In the skills challenge relay teams have to do a host of skills in a timed event. They have to hit three one-timer slap shots from three players at different ranges from the net, hit six small net targets with passes in the neutral zone, skate two different drills with the puck maneuvering around cones and other obstacles and close things out with the accuracy shooting challenge.
This time around, Team Lidstrom was able to get a few points back in the competition thanks to one of their relay teams logging a time of 2:09, much in part thanks to Jonathan Toews burying his shots in the accuracy challenge in lightning fast time going four-for-four to close it out.
With the points won in the skills relay challenge, Team Lidstrom cut into Team Staal’s lead but Team Staal is running away with the competition 21-11.
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 11
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 14
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 32
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 44
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 50
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 28
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 53
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 10