Jan 29, 2011, 8:54 PM EDT
In the skills challenge relay teams have to do a host of skills in a timed event. They have to hit three one-timer slap shots from three players at different ranges from the net, hit six small net targets with passes in the neutral zone, skate two different drills with the puck maneuvering around cones and other obstacles and close things out with the accuracy shooting challenge.
This time around, Team Lidstrom was able to get a few points back in the competition thanks to one of their relay teams logging a time of 2:09, much in part thanks to Jonathan Toews burying his shots in the accuracy challenge in lightning fast time going four-for-four to close it out.
With the points won in the skills relay challenge, Team Lidstrom cut into Team Staal’s lead but Team Staal is running away with the competition 21-11.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 82
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (97)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (77)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (40)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)