Jan 29, 2011, 8:54 PM EDT
In the skills challenge relay teams have to do a host of skills in a timed event. They have to hit three one-timer slap shots from three players at different ranges from the net, hit six small net targets with passes in the neutral zone, skate two different drills with the puck maneuvering around cones and other obstacles and close things out with the accuracy shooting challenge.
This time around, Team Lidstrom was able to get a few points back in the competition thanks to one of their relay teams logging a time of 2:09, much in part thanks to Jonathan Toews burying his shots in the accuracy challenge in lightning fast time going four-for-four to close it out.
With the points won in the skills relay challenge, Team Lidstrom cut into Team Staal’s lead but Team Staal is running away with the competition 21-11.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 38
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)