2011 NHL SuperSkills results: Daniel Sedin goes 8 for 9, helps Team Staal win accuracy shooting handily
Jan 29, 2011, 8:33 PM EST
When I think of the advancements made by hockey video games, one of my favorite moments came when the Playstation 2 era ushered in an accurate rendition of the accuracy shooting event. It was great to vicariously play what has always been my favorite all-star game event. (After all, how can you beat the sight of those shattering bullseyes/targets constructed from product placement?)
Last season, Henrik Sedin showed that he could succeed without Daniel, as he played well while his twin was injured and earned the Hart Trophy. Daniel showed he has some talent of his own, earning three points for Team Staal by going 8 for 9 in the accuracy shooting, much like Evgeni Malkin did in the 2009 NHL All-Star Game.
The goal for this version of the competition was to hit four targets the quickest. The amount of time each winner took to hit four targets is listed in parentheses. Full results below.
Rick Nash (17.9 seconds) beats Phil Kessel. One point for Team Staal.
Patrick Kane (8.7 seconds) beats Eric Staal. One point for Team Lidstrom.
Daniel “The Shooting” Sedin (7.3 seconds) goes four for four to beat Martin Havlat. One point for Team Staal.
Daniel Sedin (8.9 seconds) goes four for five and beats Patrick Kane. Two points for Team Staal.
Team Staal beats Team Lidstrom 6-2 in this event and holds an 18-6 lead so far.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (73)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)