2011 NHL SuperSkills results: Daniel Sedin goes 8 for 9, helps Team Staal win accuracy shooting handily
Jan 29, 2011, 8:33 PM EST
When I think of the advancements made by hockey video games, one of my favorite moments came when the Playstation 2 era ushered in an accurate rendition of the accuracy shooting event. It was great to vicariously play what has always been my favorite all-star game event. (After all, how can you beat the sight of those shattering bullseyes/targets constructed from product placement?)
Last season, Henrik Sedin showed that he could succeed without Daniel, as he played well while his twin was injured and earned the Hart Trophy. Daniel showed he has some talent of his own, earning three points for Team Staal by going 8 for 9 in the accuracy shooting, much like Evgeni Malkin did in the 2009 NHL All-Star Game.
The goal for this version of the competition was to hit four targets the quickest. The amount of time each winner took to hit four targets is listed in parentheses. Full results below.
Rick Nash (17.9 seconds) beats Phil Kessel. One point for Team Staal.
Patrick Kane (8.7 seconds) beats Eric Staal. One point for Team Lidstrom.
Daniel “The Shooting” Sedin (7.3 seconds) goes four for four to beat Martin Havlat. One point for Team Staal.
Daniel Sedin (8.9 seconds) goes four for five and beats Patrick Kane. Two points for Team Staal.
Team Staal beats Team Lidstrom 6-2 in this event and holds an 18-6 lead so far.
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 19
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 39
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)