2011 NHL SuperSkills results: Daniel Sedin goes 8 for 9, helps Team Staal win accuracy shooting handily
Jan 29, 2011, 8:33 PM EDT
When I think of the advancements made by hockey video games, one of my favorite moments came when the Playstation 2 era ushered in an accurate rendition of the accuracy shooting event. It was great to vicariously play what has always been my favorite all-star game event. (After all, how can you beat the sight of those shattering bullseyes/targets constructed from product placement?)
Last season, Henrik Sedin showed that he could succeed without Daniel, as he played well while his twin was injured and earned the Hart Trophy. Daniel showed he has some talent of his own, earning three points for Team Staal by going 8 for 9 in the accuracy shooting, much like Evgeni Malkin did in the 2009 NHL All-Star Game.
The goal for this version of the competition was to hit four targets the quickest. The amount of time each winner took to hit four targets is listed in parentheses. Full results below.
Rick Nash (17.9 seconds) beats Phil Kessel. One point for Team Staal.
Patrick Kane (8.7 seconds) beats Eric Staal. One point for Team Lidstrom.
Daniel “The Shooting” Sedin (7.3 seconds) goes four for four to beat Martin Havlat. One point for Team Staal.
Daniel Sedin (8.9 seconds) goes four for five and beats Patrick Kane. Two points for Team Staal.
Team Staal beats Team Lidstrom 6-2 in this event and holds an 18-6 lead so far.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 34
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 16
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 14
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 36
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 59
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 94
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead