2011 NHL SuperSkills results: Daniel Sedin goes 8 for 9, helps Team Staal win accuracy shooting handily
Jan 29, 2011, 8:33 PM EDT
When I think of the advancements made by hockey video games, one of my favorite moments came when the Playstation 2 era ushered in an accurate rendition of the accuracy shooting event. It was great to vicariously play what has always been my favorite all-star game event. (After all, how can you beat the sight of those shattering bullseyes/targets constructed from product placement?)
Last season, Henrik Sedin showed that he could succeed without Daniel, as he played well while his twin was injured and earned the Hart Trophy. Daniel showed he has some talent of his own, earning three points for Team Staal by going 8 for 9 in the accuracy shooting, much like Evgeni Malkin did in the 2009 NHL All-Star Game.
The goal for this version of the competition was to hit four targets the quickest. The amount of time each winner took to hit four targets is listed in parentheses. Full results below.
Rick Nash (17.9 seconds) beats Phil Kessel. One point for Team Staal.
Patrick Kane (8.7 seconds) beats Eric Staal. One point for Team Lidstrom.
Daniel “The Shooting” Sedin (7.3 seconds) goes four for four to beat Martin Havlat. One point for Team Staal.
Daniel Sedin (8.9 seconds) goes four for five and beats Patrick Kane. Two points for Team Staal.
Team Staal beats Team Lidstrom 6-2 in this event and holds an 18-6 lead so far.
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 13
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 2
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 3
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 26
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 17
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)