Jan 28, 2011, 11:40 AM EDT
Using the actual roster pool for this weekend’s 2011 NHL All-Star Game and the rules designated by the NHL (each team’s goalies must be drafted by round 10; all defensemen by round 15), Joe and I made the selections for Team Lidstrom and Team Staal. (Or as someone wrote on Twitter, Team Yerdstrom vs. Team Staalbrien.)
For your quick reference, here are the rosters.
Forwards: Patrick Kane (auto), Martin St. Louis (auto), Steven Stamkos, Patrick Sharp, David Backes, Matt Duchene, Patrik Elias, Martin Havlat, Anze Kopitar, Rick Nash, Brad Richards, Patrick Sharp and Jeff Skinner.
Defensemen: Nicklas Lidstrom (auto), Duncan Keith, Kris Letang, Brent Burns, Keith Yandle and Erik Karlsson.
Goalies: Henrik Lundqvist, Cam Ward and Jonas Hiller.
Team Staalbrien (for more details on this team, click here.)
Defensemen: Mike Green (auto), Zdeno Chara, Dustin Byfuglien, Shea Weber, Dan Boyle and Marc Staal.
Goalies: Tim Thomas, Marc-Andre Fleury and Carey Price.
Now that you’ve perused each team’s rosters: which team do you think would win? Vote in the poll below.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)