Jan 28, 2011, 11:40 AM EDT
Using the actual roster pool for this weekend’s 2011 NHL All-Star Game and the rules designated by the NHL (each team’s goalies must be drafted by round 10; all defensemen by round 15), Joe and I made the selections for Team Lidstrom and Team Staal. (Or as someone wrote on Twitter, Team Yerdstrom vs. Team Staalbrien.)
For your quick reference, here are the rosters.
Forwards: Patrick Kane (auto), Martin St. Louis (auto), Steven Stamkos, Patrick Sharp, David Backes, Matt Duchene, Patrik Elias, Martin Havlat, Anze Kopitar, Rick Nash, Brad Richards, Patrick Sharp and Jeff Skinner.
Defensemen: Nicklas Lidstrom (auto), Duncan Keith, Kris Letang, Brent Burns, Keith Yandle and Erik Karlsson.
Goalies: Henrik Lundqvist, Cam Ward and Jonas Hiller.
Team Staalbrien (for more details on this team, click here.)
Defensemen: Mike Green (auto), Zdeno Chara, Dustin Byfuglien, Shea Weber, Dan Boyle and Marc Staal.
Goalies: Tim Thomas, Marc-Andre Fleury and Carey Price.
Now that you’ve perused each team’s rosters: which team do you think would win? Vote in the poll below.
- Lightning ‘answer the challenge’ in Game 7 to reach Stanley Cup Final 7
- Vigneault: McDonagh was playing with a broken foot 14
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers 69
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 32
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 54
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 14
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (69)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)