Jan 28, 2011, 11:40 AM EDT
Using the actual roster pool for this weekend’s 2011 NHL All-Star Game and the rules designated by the NHL (each team’s goalies must be drafted by round 10; all defensemen by round 15), Joe and I made the selections for Team Lidstrom and Team Staal. (Or as someone wrote on Twitter, Team Yerdstrom vs. Team Staalbrien.)
For your quick reference, here are the rosters.
Forwards: Patrick Kane (auto), Martin St. Louis (auto), Steven Stamkos, Patrick Sharp, David Backes, Matt Duchene, Patrik Elias, Martin Havlat, Anze Kopitar, Rick Nash, Brad Richards, Patrick Sharp and Jeff Skinner.
Defensemen: Nicklas Lidstrom (auto), Duncan Keith, Kris Letang, Brent Burns, Keith Yandle and Erik Karlsson.
Goalies: Henrik Lundqvist, Cam Ward and Jonas Hiller.
Team Staalbrien (for more details on this team, click here.)
Defensemen: Mike Green (auto), Zdeno Chara, Dustin Byfuglien, Shea Weber, Dan Boyle and Marc Staal.
Goalies: Tim Thomas, Marc-Andre Fleury and Carey Price.
Now that you’ve perused each team’s rosters: which team do you think would win? Vote in the poll below.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 36
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 16
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 58
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1