Jan 28, 2011, 11:40 AM EDT
Using the actual roster pool for this weekend’s 2011 NHL All-Star Game and the rules designated by the NHL (each team’s goalies must be drafted by round 10; all defensemen by round 15), Joe and I made the selections for Team Lidstrom and Team Staal. (Or as someone wrote on Twitter, Team Yerdstrom vs. Team Staalbrien.)
For your quick reference, here are the rosters.
Forwards: Patrick Kane (auto), Martin St. Louis (auto), Steven Stamkos, Patrick Sharp, David Backes, Matt Duchene, Patrik Elias, Martin Havlat, Anze Kopitar, Rick Nash, Brad Richards, Patrick Sharp and Jeff Skinner.
Defensemen: Nicklas Lidstrom (auto), Duncan Keith, Kris Letang, Brent Burns, Keith Yandle and Erik Karlsson.
Goalies: Henrik Lundqvist, Cam Ward and Jonas Hiller.
Team Staalbrien (for more details on this team, click here.)
Defensemen: Mike Green (auto), Zdeno Chara, Dustin Byfuglien, Shea Weber, Dan Boyle and Marc Staal.
Goalies: Tim Thomas, Marc-Andre Fleury and Carey Price.
Now that you’ve perused each team’s rosters: which team do you think would win? Vote in the poll below.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 20
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 46
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 22
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39