Jan 28, 2011, 11:40 AM EDT
Using the actual roster pool for this weekend’s 2011 NHL All-Star Game and the rules designated by the NHL (each team’s goalies must be drafted by round 10; all defensemen by round 15), Joe and I made the selections for Team Lidstrom and Team Staal. (Or as someone wrote on Twitter, Team Yerdstrom vs. Team Staalbrien.)
For your quick reference, here are the rosters.
Forwards: Patrick Kane (auto), Martin St. Louis (auto), Steven Stamkos, Patrick Sharp, David Backes, Matt Duchene, Patrik Elias, Martin Havlat, Anze Kopitar, Rick Nash, Brad Richards, Patrick Sharp and Jeff Skinner.
Defensemen: Nicklas Lidstrom (auto), Duncan Keith, Kris Letang, Brent Burns, Keith Yandle and Erik Karlsson.
Goalies: Henrik Lundqvist, Cam Ward and Jonas Hiller.
Team Staalbrien (for more details on this team, click here.)
Defensemen: Mike Green (auto), Zdeno Chara, Dustin Byfuglien, Shea Weber, Dan Boyle and Marc Staal.
Goalies: Tim Thomas, Marc-Andre Fleury and Carey Price.
Now that you’ve perused each team’s rosters: which team do you think would win? Vote in the poll below.
- Cooke: I didn’t intend to collide knee-on-knee with Barrie 22
- On ‘score effects,’ and the challenges of playing with the lead 6
- MacKinnon: Avs ‘shut ourselves down’ in Game 3, not Wild 16
- Bergeron, Kopitar and Toews named Selke finalists 23
- Report: Zetterberg to return to Detroit lineup tonight (Update: Game-time decision) 49
- Kane’s OT goal ties Blackhawks – Blues series at 2-2 34
- Stars chase Andersen, tie series with Ducks 2-2 20
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 92
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 103
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (137)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)