Jan 28, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
Using the actual roster pool for this weekend’s 2011 NHL All-Star Game and the rules designated by the NHL (each team’s goalies must be drafted by round 10; all defensemen by round 15), Joe and I made the selections for Team Lidstrom and Team Staal. (Or as someone wrote on Twitter, Team Yerdstrom vs. Team Staalbrien.)
For the sake of fun and sport, we asked PHT readers to vote to choose which fictional team would win a hypothetical all-star game between Team Yerdstrom and Team Staalbrien.
It looks like PHT readers preferred my blend of chemistry (Sedin twins and Claude Giroux-Danny Briere combo), hard shots (Shea Weber, Dustin Byfuglien and Zdeno Chara) and semi-villains (Corey Perry and Phil Kessel). Surely Joe will drown his sorrows in delicious barbecue sauce, the scamp. Here are the poll results:
We’ll find out how similar our teams are to the real All-Star squads tonight. Stick with PHT for the details.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 36
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 2
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 18
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13