Jan 28, 2011, 7:00 PM EDT
Using the actual roster pool for this weekend’s 2011 NHL All-Star Game and the rules designated by the NHL (each team’s goalies must be drafted by round 10; all defensemen by round 15), Joe and I made the selections for Team Lidstrom and Team Staal. (Or as someone wrote on Twitter, Team Yerdstrom vs. Team Staalbrien.)
For the sake of fun and sport, we asked PHT readers to vote to choose which fictional team would win a hypothetical all-star game between Team Yerdstrom and Team Staalbrien.
It looks like PHT readers preferred my blend of chemistry (Sedin twins and Claude Giroux-Danny Briere combo), hard shots (Shea Weber, Dustin Byfuglien and Zdeno Chara) and semi-villains (Corey Perry and Phil Kessel). Surely Joe will drown his sorrows in delicious barbecue sauce, the scamp. Here are the poll results:
We’ll find out how similar our teams are to the real All-Star squads tonight. Stick with PHT for the details.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21