Jan 28, 2011, 5:03 PM EDT
The 2011 NHL All-Star Game isn’t going to be just unique for what happens during the All-Star Fantasy Draft tonight nor for the new format, it also marks a promotional first for the All-Star Game.
The All-Star Game is the first event to get cross-channel promotion across the new NBCUniversal. If you missed out on the news, Comcast purchased NBC and has put all the different channels and networks under one roof and with that, the All-Star Game is receiving broad promotion across the new NBCUniversal which has 20 channels and 40 websites that make up the NBCUniversal family. The game is slated to air at 4:00 p.m. ET on Versus.
These kinds of pushes aren’t unique as they’ve been done before to promote major events like the Olympics, NFL Kickoff, movie premieres, and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park in Orlando.
With the NHL and its mid-season gathering of all the game’s greatest players getting the honor of being the first event to get this treatment under the banner of the new NBCUniversal, it’s getting some significant attention.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18