Jan 28, 2011, 5:03 PM EDT
The 2011 NHL All-Star Game isn’t going to be just unique for what happens during the All-Star Fantasy Draft tonight nor for the new format, it also marks a promotional first for the All-Star Game.
The All-Star Game is the first event to get cross-channel promotion across the new NBCUniversal. If you missed out on the news, Comcast purchased NBC and has put all the different channels and networks under one roof and with that, the All-Star Game is receiving broad promotion across the new NBCUniversal which has 20 channels and 40 websites that make up the NBCUniversal family. The game is slated to air at 4:00 p.m. ET on Versus.
These kinds of pushes aren’t unique as they’ve been done before to promote major events like the Olympics, NFL Kickoff, movie premieres, and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Theme Park in Orlando.
With the NHL and its mid-season gathering of all the game’s greatest players getting the honor of being the first event to get this treatment under the banner of the new NBCUniversal, it’s getting some significant attention.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 20
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 61
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 91
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 19
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 14
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)