Jan 27, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
For two periods, Vancouver and Nashville didn’t exactly play the most exciting brand of hockey. Once the third period rolled around though, business picked up. Shea Weber scored to lead it off. Alex Burrows tied it minutes later followed by rookie Lee Sweatt putting the Canucks ahead for good with his first NHL goal. It was almost all for naught as it took an impressive toe save from Roberto Luongo on Joel Ward’s rebound shot to keep the Predators from knotting things up at two.
You might need to watch it a couple times in the video we’ve got for you, but with a simple flick of the leg, Luongo preserved the win for Vancouver to send them into the all-star break tied with Philly for most points in the NHL.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)