Jan 27, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
For two periods, Vancouver and Nashville didn’t exactly play the most exciting brand of hockey. Once the third period rolled around though, business picked up. Shea Weber scored to lead it off. Alex Burrows tied it minutes later followed by rookie Lee Sweatt putting the Canucks ahead for good with his first NHL goal. It was almost all for naught as it took an impressive toe save from Roberto Luongo on Joel Ward’s rebound shot to keep the Predators from knotting things up at two.
You might need to watch it a couple times in the video we’ve got for you, but with a simple flick of the leg, Luongo preserved the win for Vancouver to send them into the all-star break tied with Philly for most points in the NHL.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 14
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 12
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 28
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)