Jan 27, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
For two periods, Vancouver and Nashville didn’t exactly play the most exciting brand of hockey. Once the third period rolled around though, business picked up. Shea Weber scored to lead it off. Alex Burrows tied it minutes later followed by rookie Lee Sweatt putting the Canucks ahead for good with his first NHL goal. It was almost all for naught as it took an impressive toe save from Roberto Luongo on Joel Ward’s rebound shot to keep the Predators from knotting things up at two.
You might need to watch it a couple times in the video we’ve got for you, but with a simple flick of the leg, Luongo preserved the win for Vancouver to send them into the all-star break tied with Philly for most points in the NHL.
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 0
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 17
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 9
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 47
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 4
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 7
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)