Jan 27, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
For two periods, Vancouver and Nashville didn’t exactly play the most exciting brand of hockey. Once the third period rolled around though, business picked up. Shea Weber scored to lead it off. Alex Burrows tied it minutes later followed by rookie Lee Sweatt putting the Canucks ahead for good with his first NHL goal. It was almost all for naught as it took an impressive toe save from Roberto Luongo on Joel Ward’s rebound shot to keep the Predators from knotting things up at two.
You might need to watch it a couple times in the video we’ve got for you, but with a simple flick of the leg, Luongo preserved the win for Vancouver to send them into the all-star break tied with Philly for most points in the NHL.
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 23
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)