Jan 27, 2011, 2:39 PM EST
Anaheim updated Ryan Getzlaf‘s recovery status today and announced that his multiple sinus fractures are healing well and that a CT scan yesterday revealed that everything is healing normally and he will be back skating with the team by Monday. This sets up a schedule where Getzlaf could be back in the Ducks lineup during their western Canada road trip and on the ice February 9th against Vancouver.
Getzlaf has been out of the lineup since being struck on December 28th, in that time the Ducks have gone 9-3-0. You’d have to think with Getzlaf returning soon, Pacific Division leading Dallas better start getting nervous about seeing Anaheim in their rear-view mirror.
While Getzlaf’s been out Corey Perry, Bobby Ryan, and Lubomir Visnovsky have helped pick up the offensive slack all while Jonas Hiller has continued to be outstanding in goal. Getting Getzlaf back in time for that road trip will be huge as the Canucks have been dominant all year long and Calgary has gotten better of late.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)