Jan 27, 2011, 2:39 PM EDT
Anaheim updated Ryan Getzlaf‘s recovery status today and announced that his multiple sinus fractures are healing well and that a CT scan yesterday revealed that everything is healing normally and he will be back skating with the team by Monday. This sets up a schedule where Getzlaf could be back in the Ducks lineup during their western Canada road trip and on the ice February 9th against Vancouver.
Getzlaf has been out of the lineup since being struck on December 28th, in that time the Ducks have gone 9-3-0. You’d have to think with Getzlaf returning soon, Pacific Division leading Dallas better start getting nervous about seeing Anaheim in their rear-view mirror.
While Getzlaf’s been out Corey Perry, Bobby Ryan, and Lubomir Visnovsky have helped pick up the offensive slack all while Jonas Hiller has continued to be outstanding in goal. Getting Getzlaf back in time for that road trip will be huge as the Canucks have been dominant all year long and Calgary has gotten better of late.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)