Jan 27, 2011, 2:39 PM EDT
Anaheim updated Ryan Getzlaf‘s recovery status today and announced that his multiple sinus fractures are healing well and that a CT scan yesterday revealed that everything is healing normally and he will be back skating with the team by Monday. This sets up a schedule where Getzlaf could be back in the Ducks lineup during their western Canada road trip and on the ice February 9th against Vancouver.
Getzlaf has been out of the lineup since being struck on December 28th, in that time the Ducks have gone 9-3-0. You’d have to think with Getzlaf returning soon, Pacific Division leading Dallas better start getting nervous about seeing Anaheim in their rear-view mirror.
While Getzlaf’s been out Corey Perry, Bobby Ryan, and Lubomir Visnovsky have helped pick up the offensive slack all while Jonas Hiller has continued to be outstanding in goal. Getting Getzlaf back in time for that road trip will be huge as the Canucks have been dominant all year long and Calgary has gotten better of late.
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 0
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55