Jan 27, 2011, 2:39 PM EDT
Anaheim updated Ryan Getzlaf‘s recovery status today and announced that his multiple sinus fractures are healing well and that a CT scan yesterday revealed that everything is healing normally and he will be back skating with the team by Monday. This sets up a schedule where Getzlaf could be back in the Ducks lineup during their western Canada road trip and on the ice February 9th against Vancouver.
Getzlaf has been out of the lineup since being struck on December 28th, in that time the Ducks have gone 9-3-0. You’d have to think with Getzlaf returning soon, Pacific Division leading Dallas better start getting nervous about seeing Anaheim in their rear-view mirror.
While Getzlaf’s been out Corey Perry, Bobby Ryan, and Lubomir Visnovsky have helped pick up the offensive slack all while Jonas Hiller has continued to be outstanding in goal. Getting Getzlaf back in time for that road trip will be huge as the Canucks have been dominant all year long and Calgary has gotten better of late.
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 0
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 0
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 13
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 56
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 32
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 9
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 15
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 48
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 22