Jan 27, 2011, 2:39 PM EDT
Anaheim updated Ryan Getzlaf‘s recovery status today and announced that his multiple sinus fractures are healing well and that a CT scan yesterday revealed that everything is healing normally and he will be back skating with the team by Monday. This sets up a schedule where Getzlaf could be back in the Ducks lineup during their western Canada road trip and on the ice February 9th against Vancouver.
Getzlaf has been out of the lineup since being struck on December 28th, in that time the Ducks have gone 9-3-0. You’d have to think with Getzlaf returning soon, Pacific Division leading Dallas better start getting nervous about seeing Anaheim in their rear-view mirror.
While Getzlaf’s been out Corey Perry, Bobby Ryan, and Lubomir Visnovsky have helped pick up the offensive slack all while Jonas Hiller has continued to be outstanding in goal. Getting Getzlaf back in time for that road trip will be huge as the Canucks have been dominant all year long and Calgary has gotten better of late.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 52
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 42
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)