Jan 27, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
You’ve been waiting all afternoon for this and we know you’re excited but at 4:00 p.m. ET we’ll be kicking off the PHT All-Star Game mock fantasy draft. James will be choosing for Team Staal while I’ll be choosing for Team Lidstrom. The hybrid names are awesome on their own as Team Staal’brien and Team Yerdstrom will be following the same rules they’ll have in place for the NHL All-Star Fantasy Draft tomorrow night. That means:
18 rounds of picks, 36 players in all.
Each team will consist of three goalies, six defensemen and 12 forwards total. To ensure that the final draft picks are true selections and not simply predetermined due to position requirements, each team’s three goalies must be picked by the end of Round 10 and each team’s six defensemen must be picked by the conclusion of Round 15.
For you the commenters and hecklers alike you’ll have to hold our feet to the fire as we pick our sides. Team Staal’brien starts off with Eric Staal, Ryan Kesler, and Mike Green while Team Yerdstrom starts off with Nick Lidstrom, Martin St. Louis, and Patrick Kane. How will we choose things out? That remains to be seen. Bribes and encouragement are welcome for everyone. Join us below for all the action.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 1
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 15
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 13
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 18
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 48
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 13
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)