Jan 27, 2011, 3:55 PM EST
You’ve been waiting all afternoon for this and we know you’re excited but at 4:00 p.m. ET we’ll be kicking off the PHT All-Star Game mock fantasy draft. James will be choosing for Team Staal while I’ll be choosing for Team Lidstrom. The hybrid names are awesome on their own as Team Staal’brien and Team Yerdstrom will be following the same rules they’ll have in place for the NHL All-Star Fantasy Draft tomorrow night. That means:
18 rounds of picks, 36 players in all.
Each team will consist of three goalies, six defensemen and 12 forwards total. To ensure that the final draft picks are true selections and not simply predetermined due to position requirements, each team’s three goalies must be picked by the end of Round 10 and each team’s six defensemen must be picked by the conclusion of Round 15.
For you the commenters and hecklers alike you’ll have to hold our feet to the fire as we pick our sides. Team Staal’brien starts off with Eric Staal, Ryan Kesler, and Mike Green while Team Yerdstrom starts off with Nick Lidstrom, Martin St. Louis, and Patrick Kane. How will we choose things out? That remains to be seen. Bribes and encouragement are welcome for everyone. Join us below for all the action.
- Pat Quinn, ‘one of hockey’s most respected individuals,’ has died 7
- NHL on NBCSN: Bruins seek perfect game vs. Penguins 4
- Legendary hockey coach Viktor Tikhonov has died 10
- Canucks’ Hamhuis placed on IR 3
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 31
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 17
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 99
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 5
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 16
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)