Jan 27, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
You’ve been waiting all afternoon for this and we know you’re excited but at 4:00 p.m. ET we’ll be kicking off the PHT All-Star Game mock fantasy draft. James will be choosing for Team Staal while I’ll be choosing for Team Lidstrom. The hybrid names are awesome on their own as Team Staal’brien and Team Yerdstrom will be following the same rules they’ll have in place for the NHL All-Star Fantasy Draft tomorrow night. That means:
18 rounds of picks, 36 players in all.
Each team will consist of three goalies, six defensemen and 12 forwards total. To ensure that the final draft picks are true selections and not simply predetermined due to position requirements, each team’s three goalies must be picked by the end of Round 10 and each team’s six defensemen must be picked by the conclusion of Round 15.
For you the commenters and hecklers alike you’ll have to hold our feet to the fire as we pick our sides. Team Staal’brien starts off with Eric Staal, Ryan Kesler, and Mike Green while Team Yerdstrom starts off with Nick Lidstrom, Martin St. Louis, and Patrick Kane. How will we choose things out? That remains to be seen. Bribes and encouragement are welcome for everyone. Join us below for all the action.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)