Jan 27, 2011, 3:55 PM EDT
You’ve been waiting all afternoon for this and we know you’re excited but at 4:00 p.m. ET we’ll be kicking off the PHT All-Star Game mock fantasy draft. James will be choosing for Team Staal while I’ll be choosing for Team Lidstrom. The hybrid names are awesome on their own as Team Staal’brien and Team Yerdstrom will be following the same rules they’ll have in place for the NHL All-Star Fantasy Draft tomorrow night. That means:
18 rounds of picks, 36 players in all.
Each team will consist of three goalies, six defensemen and 12 forwards total. To ensure that the final draft picks are true selections and not simply predetermined due to position requirements, each team’s three goalies must be picked by the end of Round 10 and each team’s six defensemen must be picked by the conclusion of Round 15.
For you the commenters and hecklers alike you’ll have to hold our feet to the fire as we pick our sides. Team Staal’brien starts off with Eric Staal, Ryan Kesler, and Mike Green while Team Yerdstrom starts off with Nick Lidstrom, Martin St. Louis, and Patrick Kane. How will we choose things out? That remains to be seen. Bribes and encouragement are welcome for everyone. Join us below for all the action.
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 0
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 7
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)