Jan 27, 2011, 9:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Some nights it’s just not your night. For St. Louis Blues defenseman Erik Johnson last night got off to a bad start almost right away. With the Flames on the power play in the first period, David Moss fired a shot at Jaroslav Halak from the right wing. Halak made the save and kicked the rebound right out front. Johnson was there patrolling the front of the net and looked to fire the puck away into the corner. Instead, he fired it right past Halak to give the Flames a 1-0 lead.
For Moss, it was the first of two goals he scored on the night as he helped lead the Flames to a 4-1 win at home and their fourth straight win. For Johnson, it’s the ultimate lowlight and something that’s likely to wind up on blooper tapes from now on. We’re sorry to pile on but sometimes you just can’t help but point it out.
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tampa Bay Lightning at Montreal Canadiens (Game 3) 2
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 32
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 53
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 83
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 23
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 136
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (83)