Jan 27, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Some nights it’s just not your night. For St. Louis Blues defenseman Erik Johnson last night got off to a bad start almost right away. With the Flames on the power play in the first period, David Moss fired a shot at Jaroslav Halak from the right wing. Halak made the save and kicked the rebound right out front. Johnson was there patrolling the front of the net and looked to fire the puck away into the corner. Instead, he fired it right past Halak to give the Flames a 1-0 lead.
For Moss, it was the first of two goals he scored on the night as he helped lead the Flames to a 4-1 win at home and their fourth straight win. For Johnson, it’s the ultimate lowlight and something that’s likely to wind up on blooper tapes from now on. We’re sorry to pile on but sometimes you just can’t help but point it out.
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 0
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 48
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 24
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 46
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 15
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)