Jan 27, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Some nights it’s just not your night. For St. Louis Blues defenseman Erik Johnson last night got off to a bad start almost right away. With the Flames on the power play in the first period, David Moss fired a shot at Jaroslav Halak from the right wing. Halak made the save and kicked the rebound right out front. Johnson was there patrolling the front of the net and looked to fire the puck away into the corner. Instead, he fired it right past Halak to give the Flames a 1-0 lead.
For Moss, it was the first of two goals he scored on the night as he helped lead the Flames to a 4-1 win at home and their fourth straight win. For Johnson, it’s the ultimate lowlight and something that’s likely to wind up on blooper tapes from now on. We’re sorry to pile on but sometimes you just can’t help but point it out.
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 42
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 77
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (77)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)