Jan 27, 2011, 9:30 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Some nights it’s just not your night. For St. Louis Blues defenseman Erik Johnson last night got off to a bad start almost right away. With the Flames on the power play in the first period, David Moss fired a shot at Jaroslav Halak from the right wing. Halak made the save and kicked the rebound right out front. Johnson was there patrolling the front of the net and looked to fire the puck away into the corner. Instead, he fired it right past Halak to give the Flames a 1-0 lead.
For Moss, it was the first of two goals he scored on the night as he helped lead the Flames to a 4-1 win at home and their fourth straight win. For Johnson, it’s the ultimate lowlight and something that’s likely to wind up on blooper tapes from now on. We’re sorry to pile on but sometimes you just can’t help but point it out.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 43
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 12
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 68
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)