Jan 27, 2011, 6:47 PM EST
It’s Thursday and that means we get to share with you what the NBC Game of the Week will be coming up in a couple weeks. On Sunday, February 13th at 12:30 p.m. ET we’ll have an Original Six clash in Detroit featuring the Boston Bruins and the Detroit Red Wings.
The Bruins will roll into town with their tough defense and led by goalie Tim Thomas who is having an other-worldly season in net. Power forward Milan Lucic and super rookie Tyler Seguin will look to generate the offense for Boston. Meanwhile, Detroit will counter with Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg, and Nicklas Lidstrom who will look to find ways to put the puck past Thomas. Goaltender Jimmy Howard will do his part to keep with the other-worldly work of Thomas for Detroit.
Each team, as of now, leads their division with Boston leading the Northeast Division while the Wings lead the way in the Central. What will be curious to see is if the Bruins can snap out of their offensive doldrums while the Wings will be looking to stay healthy and maintain their lead in the division.
How will the teams fare coming out of the All-Star break? We’ll have a good idea how the rest will benefit them when they square off in just over two weeks. Remember on Sunday February 6th, we’ll have a Winter Classic rematch as the Game of the Week at 12:30 p.m. ET between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals from Washington, D.C.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11