Jan 27, 2011, 6:47 PM EDT
It’s Thursday and that means we get to share with you what the NBC Game of the Week will be coming up in a couple weeks. On Sunday, February 13th at 12:30 p.m. ET we’ll have an Original Six clash in Detroit featuring the Boston Bruins and the Detroit Red Wings.
The Bruins will roll into town with their tough defense and led by goalie Tim Thomas who is having an other-worldly season in net. Power forward Milan Lucic and super rookie Tyler Seguin will look to generate the offense for Boston. Meanwhile, Detroit will counter with Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg, and Nicklas Lidstrom who will look to find ways to put the puck past Thomas. Goaltender Jimmy Howard will do his part to keep with the other-worldly work of Thomas for Detroit.
Each team, as of now, leads their division with Boston leading the Northeast Division while the Wings lead the way in the Central. What will be curious to see is if the Bruins can snap out of their offensive doldrums while the Wings will be looking to stay healthy and maintain their lead in the division.
How will the teams fare coming out of the All-Star break? We’ll have a good idea how the rest will benefit them when they square off in just over two weeks. Remember on Sunday February 6th, we’ll have a Winter Classic rematch as the Game of the Week at 12:30 p.m. ET between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals from Washington, D.C.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)