Jan 27, 2011, 6:47 PM EDT
It’s Thursday and that means we get to share with you what the NBC Game of the Week will be coming up in a couple weeks. On Sunday, February 13th at 12:30 p.m. ET we’ll have an Original Six clash in Detroit featuring the Boston Bruins and the Detroit Red Wings.
The Bruins will roll into town with their tough defense and led by goalie Tim Thomas who is having an other-worldly season in net. Power forward Milan Lucic and super rookie Tyler Seguin will look to generate the offense for Boston. Meanwhile, Detroit will counter with Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg, and Nicklas Lidstrom who will look to find ways to put the puck past Thomas. Goaltender Jimmy Howard will do his part to keep with the other-worldly work of Thomas for Detroit.
Each team, as of now, leads their division with Boston leading the Northeast Division while the Wings lead the way in the Central. What will be curious to see is if the Bruins can snap out of their offensive doldrums while the Wings will be looking to stay healthy and maintain their lead in the division.
How will the teams fare coming out of the All-Star break? We’ll have a good idea how the rest will benefit them when they square off in just over two weeks. Remember on Sunday February 6th, we’ll have a Winter Classic rematch as the Game of the Week at 12:30 p.m. ET between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals from Washington, D.C.
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 1
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 2
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 25
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 75
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)