Jan 27, 2011, 6:47 PM EDT
It’s Thursday and that means we get to share with you what the NBC Game of the Week will be coming up in a couple weeks. On Sunday, February 13th at 12:30 p.m. ET we’ll have an Original Six clash in Detroit featuring the Boston Bruins and the Detroit Red Wings.
The Bruins will roll into town with their tough defense and led by goalie Tim Thomas who is having an other-worldly season in net. Power forward Milan Lucic and super rookie Tyler Seguin will look to generate the offense for Boston. Meanwhile, Detroit will counter with Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterberg, and Nicklas Lidstrom who will look to find ways to put the puck past Thomas. Goaltender Jimmy Howard will do his part to keep with the other-worldly work of Thomas for Detroit.
Each team, as of now, leads their division with Boston leading the Northeast Division while the Wings lead the way in the Central. What will be curious to see is if the Bruins can snap out of their offensive doldrums while the Wings will be looking to stay healthy and maintain their lead in the division.
How will the teams fare coming out of the All-Star break? We’ll have a good idea how the rest will benefit them when they square off in just over two weeks. Remember on Sunday February 6th, we’ll have a Winter Classic rematch as the Game of the Week at 12:30 p.m. ET between the Pittsburgh Penguins and Washington Capitals from Washington, D.C.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (69)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)