Jeff Skinner and Paul Stastny added to All-Star Game roster, P.K. Subban and Jamie McBain join SuperSkills contest
Jan 26, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
With injuries driving away talents such as Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Jarome Iginla and so on, it’s good to know that there are plenty of talented hockey players to take their places. Even if they might not have the same star wattage as the Crosbys of the world.
The NHL announced that talented Carolina Hurricanes rookie Jeff Skinner and underrated Colorado Avalanche forward Paul Stastny were added to the All-Star Game roster pool while two rookies were added to the SuperSkills competition: P.K. Subban of the Montreal Canadiens and Jamie McBain of the Canes.
Some might look at the addition of Skinner as a mere crowd-pleaser, but with 40 points already this season, the slick scorer shouldn’t be too out of place. Stastny has 42 points of his own as one of the key cogs in the high octane Colorado Avalanche offense.
Subban is a talent whose bombast has made almost as big of an impact as his actual skills so far this season. He should be a natural addition to a wacky and fun event like the skills competition, while McBain’s addition provides Canes fans another player to cheer for.
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 14
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 37
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 149
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 4
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (151)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)