Jeff Skinner and Paul Stastny added to All-Star Game roster, P.K. Subban and Jamie McBain join SuperSkills contest
Jan 26, 2011, 3:30 PM EDT
With injuries driving away talents such as Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Jarome Iginla and so on, it’s good to know that there are plenty of talented hockey players to take their places. Even if they might not have the same star wattage as the Crosbys of the world.
The NHL announced that talented Carolina Hurricanes rookie Jeff Skinner and underrated Colorado Avalanche forward Paul Stastny were added to the All-Star Game roster pool while two rookies were added to the SuperSkills competition: P.K. Subban of the Montreal Canadiens and Jamie McBain of the Canes.
Some might look at the addition of Skinner as a mere crowd-pleaser, but with 40 points already this season, the slick scorer shouldn’t be too out of place. Stastny has 42 points of his own as one of the key cogs in the high octane Colorado Avalanche offense.
Subban is a talent whose bombast has made almost as big of an impact as his actual skills so far this season. He should be a natural addition to a wacky and fun event like the skills competition, while McBain’s addition provides Canes fans another player to cheer for.
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 9
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)