Jeff Skinner and Paul Stastny added to All-Star Game roster, P.K. Subban and Jamie McBain join SuperSkills contest
Jan 26, 2011, 3:30 PM EST
With injuries driving away talents such as Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Jarome Iginla and so on, it’s good to know that there are plenty of talented hockey players to take their places. Even if they might not have the same star wattage as the Crosbys of the world.
The NHL announced that talented Carolina Hurricanes rookie Jeff Skinner and underrated Colorado Avalanche forward Paul Stastny were added to the All-Star Game roster pool while two rookies were added to the SuperSkills competition: P.K. Subban of the Montreal Canadiens and Jamie McBain of the Canes.
Some might look at the addition of Skinner as a mere crowd-pleaser, but with 40 points already this season, the slick scorer shouldn’t be too out of place. Stastny has 42 points of his own as one of the key cogs in the high octane Colorado Avalanche offense.
Subban is a talent whose bombast has made almost as big of an impact as his actual skills so far this season. He should be a natural addition to a wacky and fun event like the skills competition, while McBain’s addition provides Canes fans another player to cheer for.
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 27
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 3
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 57
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)