Jeff Skinner and Paul Stastny added to All-Star Game roster, P.K. Subban and Jamie McBain join SuperSkills contest
Jan 26, 2011, 3:30 PM EST
With injuries driving away talents such as Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, Jarome Iginla and so on, it’s good to know that there are plenty of talented hockey players to take their places. Even if they might not have the same star wattage as the Crosbys of the world.
The NHL announced that talented Carolina Hurricanes rookie Jeff Skinner and underrated Colorado Avalanche forward Paul Stastny were added to the All-Star Game roster pool while two rookies were added to the SuperSkills competition: P.K. Subban of the Montreal Canadiens and Jamie McBain of the Canes.
Some might look at the addition of Skinner as a mere crowd-pleaser, but with 40 points already this season, the slick scorer shouldn’t be too out of place. Stastny has 42 points of his own as one of the key cogs in the high octane Colorado Avalanche offense.
Subban is a talent whose bombast has made almost as big of an impact as his actual skills so far this season. He should be a natural addition to a wacky and fun event like the skills competition, while McBain’s addition provides Canes fans another player to cheer for.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 6
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)