Jan 26, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Fans of hockey and movies should be in for a treat next week, as NHL Network will kick off its Film Week on Monday with the fantastic Peter Berg documentary “King’s Ransom.”
The documentary goes in depth to follow all sides of the historic Wayne Gretzky trade, from the player himself to the suits in charge and the explosively angry Edmonton Oilers fans. It originally aired as part of ESPN’s outstanding 30 for 30 documentary series.
Other documentaries includes “The Battle of Comm Ave” on Tuesday, a 2010 Frozen Four Film on Wednesday, the enjoyable “Pond Hockey” documentary on Thursday and then “Hockey’s Greatest Era” on Friday. It should be a great time.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 10
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 14
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 12
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5