Jan 26, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Fans of hockey and movies should be in for a treat next week, as NHL Network will kick off its Film Week on Monday with the fantastic Peter Berg documentary “King’s Ransom.”
The documentary goes in depth to follow all sides of the historic Wayne Gretzky trade, from the player himself to the suits in charge and the explosively angry Edmonton Oilers fans. It originally aired as part of ESPN’s outstanding 30 for 30 documentary series.
Other documentaries includes “The Battle of Comm Ave” on Tuesday, a 2010 Frozen Four Film on Wednesday, the enjoyable “Pond Hockey” documentary on Thursday and then “Hockey’s Greatest Era” on Friday. It should be a great time.
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 0
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 12
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14