Jan 26, 2011, 12:05 PM EST
Fans of hockey and movies should be in for a treat next week, as NHL Network will kick off its Film Week on Monday with the fantastic Peter Berg documentary “King’s Ransom.”
The documentary goes in depth to follow all sides of the historic Wayne Gretzky trade, from the player himself to the suits in charge and the explosively angry Edmonton Oilers fans. It originally aired as part of ESPN’s outstanding 30 for 30 documentary series.
Other documentaries includes “The Battle of Comm Ave” on Tuesday, a 2010 Frozen Four Film on Wednesday, the enjoyable “Pond Hockey” documentary on Thursday and then “Hockey’s Greatest Era” on Friday. It should be a great time.
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 1
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal 6
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 29
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19