Jan 26, 2011, 12:05 PM EDT
Fans of hockey and movies should be in for a treat next week, as NHL Network will kick off its Film Week on Monday with the fantastic Peter Berg documentary “King’s Ransom.”
The documentary goes in depth to follow all sides of the historic Wayne Gretzky trade, from the player himself to the suits in charge and the explosively angry Edmonton Oilers fans. It originally aired as part of ESPN’s outstanding 30 for 30 documentary series.
Other documentaries includes “The Battle of Comm Ave” on Tuesday, a 2010 Frozen Four Film on Wednesday, the enjoyable “Pond Hockey” documentary on Thursday and then “Hockey’s Greatest Era” on Friday. It should be a great time.
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 7
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 21
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36