Jan 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
If you didn’t know better, you’d think we were just being really lazy here at PHT in always picking Tim Thomas for save of the night. We’re really not actually lazy it’s just that Thomas this season has been making it really easy on us by doing such crazy things it’s almost impossible to not pick him.
Last night was no different as he reached into his bag of tricks to try and keep the Kings off the board. Alexei Ponikarovsky was the victim of such acrobatic robbery that we’re thinking the foe of the NHL Guardians project might actually be Thomas. After all, making steals like that are criminal beyond belief.
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 16
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 4
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 5
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 34
- Poll: Will Washington get back into the playoffs? 28
- Buffalo lands next two NHL scouting combines 23
- Under Pressure: In Washington? Take your pick 24
- It’s Washington Capitals day on PHT 42
- It’s Florida Panthers day on PHT 8