Jan 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
If you didn’t know better, you’d think we were just being really lazy here at PHT in always picking Tim Thomas for save of the night. We’re really not actually lazy it’s just that Thomas this season has been making it really easy on us by doing such crazy things it’s almost impossible to not pick him.
Last night was no different as he reached into his bag of tricks to try and keep the Kings off the board. Alexei Ponikarovsky was the victim of such acrobatic robbery that we’re thinking the foe of the NHL Guardians project might actually be Thomas. After all, making steals like that are criminal beyond belief.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 8
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 75
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2