Jan 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
If you didn’t know better, you’d think we were just being really lazy here at PHT in always picking Tim Thomas for save of the night. We’re really not actually lazy it’s just that Thomas this season has been making it really easy on us by doing such crazy things it’s almost impossible to not pick him.
Last night was no different as he reached into his bag of tricks to try and keep the Kings off the board. Alexei Ponikarovsky was the victim of such acrobatic robbery that we’re thinking the foe of the NHL Guardians project might actually be Thomas. After all, making steals like that are criminal beyond belief.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)