Jan 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
If you didn’t know better, you’d think we were just being really lazy here at PHT in always picking Tim Thomas for save of the night. We’re really not actually lazy it’s just that Thomas this season has been making it really easy on us by doing such crazy things it’s almost impossible to not pick him.
Last night was no different as he reached into his bag of tricks to try and keep the Kings off the board. Alexei Ponikarovsky was the victim of such acrobatic robbery that we’re thinking the foe of the NHL Guardians project might actually be Thomas. After all, making steals like that are criminal beyond belief.
- Video: Lundqvist snares Stamkos’ scary shot 0
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 6
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 28
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 54
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)