Jan 25, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
If you didn’t know better, you’d think we were just being really lazy here at PHT in always picking Tim Thomas for save of the night. We’re really not actually lazy it’s just that Thomas this season has been making it really easy on us by doing such crazy things it’s almost impossible to not pick him.
Last night was no different as he reached into his bag of tricks to try and keep the Kings off the board. Alexei Ponikarovsky was the victim of such acrobatic robbery that we’re thinking the foe of the NHL Guardians project might actually be Thomas. After all, making steals like that are criminal beyond belief.
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 11
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 13
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 1
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 23
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 33