Jan 25, 2011, 11:24 PM EST
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
It seemed like Nashville Predators goalie Pekka Rinne’s incredible and unlikely stick save would be a shoo-in for the January 17-23rd Save of the Week, but the voting ended up being a photo finish.
Washington Capitals goalie/prospect Braden Holtby garnered almost as many votes by stopping a Toronto Maple Leafs one-timer, as you can see from the poll results below.
Check out video footage of Rinne’s unlikely stick save below.
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 1
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 0
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 22
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21