Jan 25, 2011, 3:16 PM EDT
While we’re on a roll talking about the All-Star Game here, with all the injuries that have come down, it’s good to see that we’re at least seeing some headway being made into seeing how the rosters will be filled out via injury replacements. Today, Minnesota’s Martin Havlat was chosen to head to Raleigh this weekend to take part in the All-Star Game to take the place of any number of injured forwards.
Havlat joins Daniel Briere as injury replacement for the game that sees Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, and Ales Hemsky out with differing ailments. Briere took the place of Jarome Iginla who is missing the game to be with his sick grandmother.
Havlat will team up with or play against Wild teammate defenseman Brent Burns in the game. It’s the first time since the All-Star Game was held in Minnesota in 2004 that two Wild players will participate in the game. Havlat has 13 goals and 30 assists this season and leads the Wild in scoring. Havlat was in the 2007 All-Star Game and scored two goals and an assist. His offensive game is ideal for what the game is all about. Look for him to be a sneaky star of the game.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)