Jan 25, 2011, 3:16 PM EDT
While we’re on a roll talking about the All-Star Game here, with all the injuries that have come down, it’s good to see that we’re at least seeing some headway being made into seeing how the rosters will be filled out via injury replacements. Today, Minnesota’s Martin Havlat was chosen to head to Raleigh this weekend to take part in the All-Star Game to take the place of any number of injured forwards.
Havlat joins Daniel Briere as injury replacement for the game that sees Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin, and Ales Hemsky out with differing ailments. Briere took the place of Jarome Iginla who is missing the game to be with his sick grandmother.
Havlat will team up with or play against Wild teammate defenseman Brent Burns in the game. It’s the first time since the All-Star Game was held in Minnesota in 2004 that two Wild players will participate in the game. Havlat has 13 goals and 30 assists this season and leads the Wild in scoring. Havlat was in the 2007 All-Star Game and scored two goals and an assist. His offensive game is ideal for what the game is all about. Look for him to be a sneaky star of the game.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 1
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 5
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 9
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 1
- Chara suffers undisclosed issue, won’t return on Thursday 14
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)