Jan 25, 2011, 7:54 PM EST
(There is still time to vote for the Save of the Week. Click here to cast your vote.)
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
Last week’s Goal of the Week winner is an example of a great collaboration, as Philadelphia Flyers forwards Claude Giroux and Jeff Carter combined for a very impressive score. Giroux showed the patience and touch to send a saucer pass through the Chicago Blackhawks’ defenders while Carter took advantage of great hands to bat the puck into the net.
PHT readers felt that Carter was deserving of the Goal of the Week honor, as you can see from the poll results.
Check out video from the goal below.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 12
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 9
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 4
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8