Jan 25, 2011, 7:54 PM EDT
(There is still time to vote for the Save of the Week. Click here to cast your vote.)
Every week, Pro Hockey Talk will ask our readers to choose the best goal and save of that seven-day period. Sometimes there might not be seven nominees, whether that be because there weren’t enough great clips or one person received multiple awards. Either way, readers ultimately get to choose each week’s lucky winners.
Last week’s Goal of the Week winner is an example of a great collaboration, as Philadelphia Flyers forwards Claude Giroux and Jeff Carter combined for a very impressive score. Giroux showed the patience and touch to send a saucer pass through the Chicago Blackhawks’ defenders while Carter took advantage of great hands to bat the puck into the net.
PHT readers felt that Carter was deserving of the Goal of the Week honor, as you can see from the poll results.
Check out video from the goal below.
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 10
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 54