Jan 25, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
It wasn’t a night to remember for Dallas. After taking a 7-1 thumping at the hands of Vancouver, there isn’t a whole lot to look back on with pride. After all, Dallas was looking to catch up to the Canucks in the Western Conference standings and prove that they’re going to be a tough team to deal with the rest of the way. Instead they bombed out hard but at least they’ve got Brad Richards to get excited about.
Richards’ first period goal tied the game at 1-1 and gave the Stars a highlight worth watching again and again. Richards took hold of a quick pass from James Neal after a Canucks turnover in their own end. Richards initially made like he was going to slap a shot past Luongo, but instead pulled it back got the defense and Luongo sprawling and stuffed home a backhand. Hopefully Dallas enjoyed it because Vancouver would rattle off six unanswered the rest of the way to humble the Stars.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires