Jan 25, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
It wasn’t a night to remember for Dallas. After taking a 7-1 thumping at the hands of Vancouver, there isn’t a whole lot to look back on with pride. After all, Dallas was looking to catch up to the Canucks in the Western Conference standings and prove that they’re going to be a tough team to deal with the rest of the way. Instead they bombed out hard but at least they’ve got Brad Richards to get excited about.
Richards’ first period goal tied the game at 1-1 and gave the Stars a highlight worth watching again and again. Richards took hold of a quick pass from James Neal after a Canucks turnover in their own end. Richards initially made like he was going to slap a shot past Luongo, but instead pulled it back got the defense and Luongo sprawling and stuffed home a backhand. Hopefully Dallas enjoyed it because Vancouver would rattle off six unanswered the rest of the way to humble the Stars.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (136)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (94)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)