Jan 25, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
It wasn’t a night to remember for Dallas. After taking a 7-1 thumping at the hands of Vancouver, there isn’t a whole lot to look back on with pride. After all, Dallas was looking to catch up to the Canucks in the Western Conference standings and prove that they’re going to be a tough team to deal with the rest of the way. Instead they bombed out hard but at least they’ve got Brad Richards to get excited about.
Richards’ first period goal tied the game at 1-1 and gave the Stars a highlight worth watching again and again. Richards took hold of a quick pass from James Neal after a Canucks turnover in their own end. Richards initially made like he was going to slap a shot past Luongo, but instead pulled it back got the defense and Luongo sprawling and stuffed home a backhand. Hopefully Dallas enjoyed it because Vancouver would rattle off six unanswered the rest of the way to humble the Stars.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)