Jan 25, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
It wasn’t a night to remember for Dallas. After taking a 7-1 thumping at the hands of Vancouver, there isn’t a whole lot to look back on with pride. After all, Dallas was looking to catch up to the Canucks in the Western Conference standings and prove that they’re going to be a tough team to deal with the rest of the way. Instead they bombed out hard but at least they’ve got Brad Richards to get excited about.
Richards’ first period goal tied the game at 1-1 and gave the Stars a highlight worth watching again and again. Richards took hold of a quick pass from James Neal after a Canucks turnover in their own end. Richards initially made like he was going to slap a shot past Luongo, but instead pulled it back got the defense and Luongo sprawling and stuffed home a backhand. Hopefully Dallas enjoyed it because Vancouver would rattle off six unanswered the rest of the way to humble the Stars.
- Here’s latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 0
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 61
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)