Jan 25, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
It wasn’t a night to remember for Dallas. After taking a 7-1 thumping at the hands of Vancouver, there isn’t a whole lot to look back on with pride. After all, Dallas was looking to catch up to the Canucks in the Western Conference standings and prove that they’re going to be a tough team to deal with the rest of the way. Instead they bombed out hard but at least they’ve got Brad Richards to get excited about.
Richards’ first period goal tied the game at 1-1 and gave the Stars a highlight worth watching again and again. Richards took hold of a quick pass from James Neal after a Canucks turnover in their own end. Richards initially made like he was going to slap a shot past Luongo, but instead pulled it back got the defense and Luongo sprawling and stuffed home a backhand. Hopefully Dallas enjoyed it because Vancouver would rattle off six unanswered the rest of the way to humble the Stars.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (160)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)