Jan 24, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Ideally, we would have the chance to spotlight one of Sunday’s other games since it seemed like we covered all the bases regarding NBC’s Game of the Week between the Philadelphia Flyers and Chicago Blackhawks. Yet we can’t just ignore the fact the Flyers’ 4-1 win produced the best goal from January 23rd.
Simply put, it was great exchange between Flyers forwards Claude Giroux and Jeff Carter. Carter displayed his fantastic hand-eye coordination to bat the puck of the air while Giroux showed great timing and patience to get that saucer pass through the Blackhawks defense.
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession 12
- Video: Controversial Kane goal has Laviolette fuming 10
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 6
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 36
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38