Jan 24, 2011, 10:15 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Ideally, we would have the chance to spotlight one of Sunday’s other games since it seemed like we covered all the bases regarding NBC’s Game of the Week between the Philadelphia Flyers and Chicago Blackhawks. Yet we can’t just ignore the fact the Flyers’ 4-1 win produced the best goal from January 23rd.
Simply put, it was great exchange between Flyers forwards Claude Giroux and Jeff Carter. Carter displayed his fantastic hand-eye coordination to bat the puck of the air while Giroux showed great timing and patience to get that saucer pass through the Blackhawks defense.
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 1
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 62
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 44
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 56
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 27
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 26
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (79)