Jan 23, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
For a game with an unusual start time of 12:30 pm ET (11:30 am at the United Center), NBC’s Game of the Week between the Philadelphia Flyers and Chicago Blackhawks was a pretty spirited affair. It was often closer than the Flyers’ 4-1 win suggests, although Philly definitely played a better overall game. The NBC Star Cams tracked a variety of players from both of these talented squads, as you can see in this post.
Naturally, the Flyers’ Star Cam actually focused on the bruising nature of the team. (If you want to see the skilled side of the coin, check out highlights from their win here.) In the first clip at the bottom of this post, you can watch Chris Pronger, Scott Hartnell and Daniel Carcillo doing some of their best dirty work.
Meanwhile, Chicago’s Star Cam footage revolves around the hard (if mostly fruitless) work of their captain Jonathan Toews, sniper Patrick Sharp, forward Marian Hossa and one heads-up play by underrated two-way center Dave Bolland. You can see that Toews was a little banged up on certain plays, although it doesn’t include footage of Braydon Coburn really giving him a hard time.
First, the Star Cam for the Flyers:
Next, the Hawks’ Star Cam video:
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 15
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 40
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (67)