Jan 23, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
For a game with an unusual start time of 12:30 pm ET (11:30 am at the United Center), NBC’s Game of the Week between the Philadelphia Flyers and Chicago Blackhawks was a pretty spirited affair. It was often closer than the Flyers’ 4-1 win suggests, although Philly definitely played a better overall game. The NBC Star Cams tracked a variety of players from both of these talented squads, as you can see in this post.
Naturally, the Flyers’ Star Cam actually focused on the bruising nature of the team. (If you want to see the skilled side of the coin, check out highlights from their win here.) In the first clip at the bottom of this post, you can watch Chris Pronger, Scott Hartnell and Daniel Carcillo doing some of their best dirty work.
Meanwhile, Chicago’s Star Cam footage revolves around the hard (if mostly fruitless) work of their captain Jonathan Toews, sniper Patrick Sharp, forward Marian Hossa and one heads-up play by underrated two-way center Dave Bolland. You can see that Toews was a little banged up on certain plays, although it doesn’t include footage of Braydon Coburn really giving him a hard time.
First, the Star Cam for the Flyers:
Next, the Hawks’ Star Cam video:
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 57
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 35
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 12