Jan 23, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
For a game with an unusual start time of 12:30 pm ET (11:30 am at the United Center), NBC’s Game of the Week between the Philadelphia Flyers and Chicago Blackhawks was a pretty spirited affair. It was often closer than the Flyers’ 4-1 win suggests, although Philly definitely played a better overall game. The NBC Star Cams tracked a variety of players from both of these talented squads, as you can see in this post.
Naturally, the Flyers’ Star Cam actually focused on the bruising nature of the team. (If you want to see the skilled side of the coin, check out highlights from their win here.) In the first clip at the bottom of this post, you can watch Chris Pronger, Scott Hartnell and Daniel Carcillo doing some of their best dirty work.
Meanwhile, Chicago’s Star Cam footage revolves around the hard (if mostly fruitless) work of their captain Jonathan Toews, sniper Patrick Sharp, forward Marian Hossa and one heads-up play by underrated two-way center Dave Bolland. You can see that Toews was a little banged up on certain plays, although it doesn’t include footage of Braydon Coburn really giving him a hard time.
First, the Star Cam for the Flyers:
Next, the Hawks’ Star Cam video:
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (43)