Jan 23, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
For a game with an unusual start time of 12:30 pm ET (11:30 am at the United Center), NBC’s Game of the Week between the Philadelphia Flyers and Chicago Blackhawks was a pretty spirited affair. It was often closer than the Flyers’ 4-1 win suggests, although Philly definitely played a better overall game. The NBC Star Cams tracked a variety of players from both of these talented squads, as you can see in this post.
Naturally, the Flyers’ Star Cam actually focused on the bruising nature of the team. (If you want to see the skilled side of the coin, check out highlights from their win here.) In the first clip at the bottom of this post, you can watch Chris Pronger, Scott Hartnell and Daniel Carcillo doing some of their best dirty work.
Meanwhile, Chicago’s Star Cam footage revolves around the hard (if mostly fruitless) work of their captain Jonathan Toews, sniper Patrick Sharp, forward Marian Hossa and one heads-up play by underrated two-way center Dave Bolland. You can see that Toews was a little banged up on certain plays, although it doesn’t include footage of Braydon Coburn really giving him a hard time.
First, the Star Cam for the Flyers:
Next, the Hawks’ Star Cam video:
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 7
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 32
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 6
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6