Jan 23, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
For a game with an unusual start time of 12:30 pm ET (11:30 am at the United Center), NBC’s Game of the Week between the Philadelphia Flyers and Chicago Blackhawks was a pretty spirited affair. It was often closer than the Flyers’ 4-1 win suggests, although Philly definitely played a better overall game. The NBC Star Cams tracked a variety of players from both of these talented squads, as you can see in this post.
Naturally, the Flyers’ Star Cam actually focused on the bruising nature of the team. (If you want to see the skilled side of the coin, check out highlights from their win here.) In the first clip at the bottom of this post, you can watch Chris Pronger, Scott Hartnell and Daniel Carcillo doing some of their best dirty work.
Meanwhile, Chicago’s Star Cam footage revolves around the hard (if mostly fruitless) work of their captain Jonathan Toews, sniper Patrick Sharp, forward Marian Hossa and one heads-up play by underrated two-way center Dave Bolland. You can see that Toews was a little banged up on certain plays, although it doesn’t include footage of Braydon Coburn really giving him a hard time.
First, the Star Cam for the Flyers:
Next, the Hawks’ Star Cam video:
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)