Jan 23, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
In case you missed it this afternoon, NBC’s Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury had what you might call a “spirited discussion” over head shots in the NHL and the effectiveness of Rule 48. If you missed it live, you missed out on a fiery discussion between the two regarding how to help (or not help) make the NHL safer for players.
As you might expect when talk of Rule 48 comes up Bruins star Marc Savard and Penguins captain Sidney Crosby made their way into the discussion. What you might not expect is Mike Milbury to get so combative with his good friend Pierre.
They also got together to discuss Mike Milbury’s Hat Trick featuring the best and worst in the NHL featuring teams and players alike. Coming up in the discussion whether you like it or not, they discuss the Los Angeles Kings, Tampa Bay Lightning, and Drew Doughty.
Mike and Pierre discuss Rule 48
Mike Milbury’s Hat Trick: Best and Worst of the NHL
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 41
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 10
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)