Jan 23, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
In case you missed it this afternoon, NBC’s Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury had what you might call a “spirited discussion” over head shots in the NHL and the effectiveness of Rule 48. If you missed it live, you missed out on a fiery discussion between the two regarding how to help (or not help) make the NHL safer for players.
As you might expect when talk of Rule 48 comes up Bruins star Marc Savard and Penguins captain Sidney Crosby made their way into the discussion. What you might not expect is Mike Milbury to get so combative with his good friend Pierre.
They also got together to discuss Mike Milbury’s Hat Trick featuring the best and worst in the NHL featuring teams and players alike. Coming up in the discussion whether you like it or not, they discuss the Los Angeles Kings, Tampa Bay Lightning, and Drew Doughty.
Mike and Pierre discuss Rule 48
Mike Milbury’s Hat Trick: Best and Worst of the NHL
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 22
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 31
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 98
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 11
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)