Jan 23, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
In case you missed it this afternoon, NBC’s Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury had what you might call a “spirited discussion” over head shots in the NHL and the effectiveness of Rule 48. If you missed it live, you missed out on a fiery discussion between the two regarding how to help (or not help) make the NHL safer for players.
As you might expect when talk of Rule 48 comes up Bruins star Marc Savard and Penguins captain Sidney Crosby made their way into the discussion. What you might not expect is Mike Milbury to get so combative with his good friend Pierre.
They also got together to discuss Mike Milbury’s Hat Trick featuring the best and worst in the NHL featuring teams and players alike. Coming up in the discussion whether you like it or not, they discuss the Los Angeles Kings, Tampa Bay Lightning, and Drew Doughty.
Mike and Pierre discuss Rule 48
Mike Milbury’s Hat Trick: Best and Worst of the NHL
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 0
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 5
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 15
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 21
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 23
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 53
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)