Jan 23, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
In case you missed it this afternoon, NBC’s Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury had what you might call a “spirited discussion” over head shots in the NHL and the effectiveness of Rule 48. If you missed it live, you missed out on a fiery discussion between the two regarding how to help (or not help) make the NHL safer for players.
As you might expect when talk of Rule 48 comes up Bruins star Marc Savard and Penguins captain Sidney Crosby made their way into the discussion. What you might not expect is Mike Milbury to get so combative with his good friend Pierre.
They also got together to discuss Mike Milbury’s Hat Trick featuring the best and worst in the NHL featuring teams and players alike. Coming up in the discussion whether you like it or not, they discuss the Los Angeles Kings, Tampa Bay Lightning, and Drew Doughty.
Mike and Pierre discuss Rule 48
Mike Milbury’s Hat Trick: Best and Worst of the NHL
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 8
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 8
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 41
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 49
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 19
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (51)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (41)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)