Jan 23, 2011, 4:47 PM EDT
In case you missed it this afternoon, NBC’s Pierre McGuire and Mike Milbury had what you might call a “spirited discussion” over head shots in the NHL and the effectiveness of Rule 48. If you missed it live, you missed out on a fiery discussion between the two regarding how to help (or not help) make the NHL safer for players.
As you might expect when talk of Rule 48 comes up Bruins star Marc Savard and Penguins captain Sidney Crosby made their way into the discussion. What you might not expect is Mike Milbury to get so combative with his good friend Pierre.
They also got together to discuss Mike Milbury’s Hat Trick featuring the best and worst in the NHL featuring teams and players alike. Coming up in the discussion whether you like it or not, they discuss the Los Angeles Kings, Tampa Bay Lightning, and Drew Doughty.
Mike and Pierre discuss Rule 48
Mike Milbury’s Hat Trick: Best and Worst of the NHL
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 90
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32