Jan 23, 2011, 8:45 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Yeah, we cited a Boyz II Men song title. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?
There was a little bit of puck luck involved for Patrice Bergeron on what we’re picking for our goal of the night but that’s all part of the fun and games. Or if you’re John-Michael Liles it’s part of the frustration. Boston’s Johnny Boychuk fired a shot from the point which Colorado goalie Peter Budaj was able to make a pad save on. The rebound came out to Bergeron who was turned around on the play and fired an off-kilter backhand shot towards the goal that ended up glancing off the skate of Liles and into the net to make it 5-2 Boston.
If the Bruins weren’t already wildly outplaying the Avs it would’ve been a backbreaker, instead it’s just our goal of the night. Have a look.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 3
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54