Jan 23, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Yeah, we cited a Boyz II Men song title. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?
There was a little bit of puck luck involved for Patrice Bergeron on what we’re picking for our goal of the night but that’s all part of the fun and games. Or if you’re John-Michael Liles it’s part of the frustration. Boston’s Johnny Boychuk fired a shot from the point which Colorado goalie Peter Budaj was able to make a pad save on. The rebound came out to Bergeron who was turned around on the play and fired an off-kilter backhand shot towards the goal that ended up glancing off the skate of Liles and into the net to make it 5-2 Boston.
If the Bruins weren’t already wildly outplaying the Avs it would’ve been a backbreaker, instead it’s just our goal of the night. Have a look.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 6
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 33
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 55
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)