Jan 23, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Yeah, we cited a Boyz II Men song title. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?
There was a little bit of puck luck involved for Patrice Bergeron on what we’re picking for our goal of the night but that’s all part of the fun and games. Or if you’re John-Michael Liles it’s part of the frustration. Boston’s Johnny Boychuk fired a shot from the point which Colorado goalie Peter Budaj was able to make a pad save on. The rebound came out to Bergeron who was turned around on the play and fired an off-kilter backhand shot towards the goal that ended up glancing off the skate of Liles and into the net to make it 5-2 Boston.
If the Bruins weren’t already wildly outplaying the Avs it would’ve been a backbreaker, instead it’s just our goal of the night. Have a look.
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 23
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 16
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 44
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 55
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (55)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)