Jan 23, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Yeah, we cited a Boyz II Men song title. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?
There was a little bit of puck luck involved for Patrice Bergeron on what we’re picking for our goal of the night but that’s all part of the fun and games. Or if you’re John-Michael Liles it’s part of the frustration. Boston’s Johnny Boychuk fired a shot from the point which Colorado goalie Peter Budaj was able to make a pad save on. The rebound came out to Bergeron who was turned around on the play and fired an off-kilter backhand shot towards the goal that ended up glancing off the skate of Liles and into the net to make it 5-2 Boston.
If the Bruins weren’t already wildly outplaying the Avs it would’ve been a backbreaker, instead it’s just our goal of the night. Have a look.
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 0
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 43
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 24
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12