Jan 23, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Yeah, we cited a Boyz II Men song title. Big whoop, wanna fight about it?
There was a little bit of puck luck involved for Patrice Bergeron on what we’re picking for our goal of the night but that’s all part of the fun and games. Or if you’re John-Michael Liles it’s part of the frustration. Boston’s Johnny Boychuk fired a shot from the point which Colorado goalie Peter Budaj was able to make a pad save on. The rebound came out to Bergeron who was turned around on the play and fired an off-kilter backhand shot towards the goal that ended up glancing off the skate of Liles and into the net to make it 5-2 Boston.
If the Bruins weren’t already wildly outplaying the Avs it would’ve been a backbreaker, instead it’s just our goal of the night. Have a look.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 0
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)