Jan 23, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
Through 40 minutes of play, the Flyers took less than a minute into the second period to break the scoreless tie. Claude Giroux scored his 19th goal of the season after a wild goal mouth scramble in front that saw Hawks goalie Corey Crawford unable to cover the puck and the Hawks defense unable to find it to clear it out. Giroux’s goal has been the only scoring so far.
The Flyers used their goal to swing momentum in the second period as they outshot Chicago 19-9 and have a 28-20 advantage overall for the game.
Things got a bit rowdy once again as Chicago’s Jake Dowell thought it was a good idea to drop the gloves with Flyers agitator Dan Carcillo. Carcillo handily won the fight pummeling Dowell, but Dowell was able to make Carcillo bleed. Will we see more of that carry over into the final period? We shall see.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)