Jan 23, 2011, 2:18 PM EDT
Through 40 minutes of play, the Flyers took less than a minute into the second period to break the scoreless tie. Claude Giroux scored his 19th goal of the season after a wild goal mouth scramble in front that saw Hawks goalie Corey Crawford unable to cover the puck and the Hawks defense unable to find it to clear it out. Giroux’s goal has been the only scoring so far.
The Flyers used their goal to swing momentum in the second period as they outshot Chicago 19-9 and have a 28-20 advantage overall for the game.
Things got a bit rowdy once again as Chicago’s Jake Dowell thought it was a good idea to drop the gloves with Flyers agitator Dan Carcillo. Carcillo handily won the fight pummeling Dowell, but Dowell was able to make Carcillo bleed. Will we see more of that carry over into the final period? We shall see.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5