Jan 23, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
It was a spirited first period but one without any scoring in this Stanley Cup finals rematch in Chicago between the Flyers and Blackhawks.
Chicago had the edge in shots on goal 11-9 and each team had a power play opportunity that went for naught. Sergei Bobrovsky stood out making a couple of acrobatic saves to prevent Chicago from scoring.
We also saw a quick early fight between Bryan Bickell and Scott Hartnell. We’ve gotten a little bit of everything so far and now we’re just lacking some goals. The Blackhawks would like nothing more than to hear “Chelsea Dagger” this afternoon but breaking through the Flyers very passive 1-2-2 forecheck is going to make life difficult.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)