Jan 23, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
It was a spirited first period but one without any scoring in this Stanley Cup finals rematch in Chicago between the Flyers and Blackhawks.
Chicago had the edge in shots on goal 11-9 and each team had a power play opportunity that went for naught. Sergei Bobrovsky stood out making a couple of acrobatic saves to prevent Chicago from scoring.
We also saw a quick early fight between Bryan Bickell and Scott Hartnell. We’ve gotten a little bit of everything so far and now we’re just lacking some goals. The Blackhawks would like nothing more than to hear “Chelsea Dagger” this afternoon but breaking through the Flyers very passive 1-2-2 forecheck is going to make life difficult.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 3
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 5
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 29
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 24
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 61
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12