Jan 21, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Remember Ryan Miller, everyone? He’s the guy that was the man of the hour for Team USA in the Olympics last year. Turns out he’s still pretty good for the Sabres. While the Sabres are on a 7-2-1 roll of late and back in the thick of things for the playoff hunt, Miller’s been his usual brilliant self and last night the Boston Bruins got a taste of it.
With the Bruins up 2-1 midway through the second period, the puck was dumped deep into the Buffalo end. Patrice Bergeron raced down ice to reach it first and hit a streaking Mark Recchi out front. Recchi deked and got Miller out of position for what looked to be a virtual slam dunk of a goal. With Ryan Miller, however, things aren’t always as they appear to be as he robbed Recchi on the backhand attempt to keep the Bruins from running away with the game. Buffalo went on to win the game 4-2 buoyed by Miller’s stellar play in goal.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)