Jan 21, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Remember Ryan Miller, everyone? He’s the guy that was the man of the hour for Team USA in the Olympics last year. Turns out he’s still pretty good for the Sabres. While the Sabres are on a 7-2-1 roll of late and back in the thick of things for the playoff hunt, Miller’s been his usual brilliant self and last night the Boston Bruins got a taste of it.
With the Bruins up 2-1 midway through the second period, the puck was dumped deep into the Buffalo end. Patrice Bergeron raced down ice to reach it first and hit a streaking Mark Recchi out front. Recchi deked and got Miller out of position for what looked to be a virtual slam dunk of a goal. With Ryan Miller, however, things aren’t always as they appear to be as he robbed Recchi on the backhand attempt to keep the Bruins from running away with the game. Buffalo went on to win the game 4-2 buoyed by Miller’s stellar play in goal.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 70
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)