Jan 21, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Remember Ryan Miller, everyone? He’s the guy that was the man of the hour for Team USA in the Olympics last year. Turns out he’s still pretty good for the Sabres. While the Sabres are on a 7-2-1 roll of late and back in the thick of things for the playoff hunt, Miller’s been his usual brilliant self and last night the Boston Bruins got a taste of it.
With the Bruins up 2-1 midway through the second period, the puck was dumped deep into the Buffalo end. Patrice Bergeron raced down ice to reach it first and hit a streaking Mark Recchi out front. Recchi deked and got Miller out of position for what looked to be a virtual slam dunk of a goal. With Ryan Miller, however, things aren’t always as they appear to be as he robbed Recchi on the backhand attempt to keep the Bruins from running away with the game. Buffalo went on to win the game 4-2 buoyed by Miller’s stellar play in goal.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5