Jan 21, 2011, 9:00 AM EST
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Remember Ryan Miller, everyone? He’s the guy that was the man of the hour for Team USA in the Olympics last year. Turns out he’s still pretty good for the Sabres. While the Sabres are on a 7-2-1 roll of late and back in the thick of things for the playoff hunt, Miller’s been his usual brilliant self and last night the Boston Bruins got a taste of it.
With the Bruins up 2-1 midway through the second period, the puck was dumped deep into the Buffalo end. Patrice Bergeron raced down ice to reach it first and hit a streaking Mark Recchi out front. Recchi deked and got Miller out of position for what looked to be a virtual slam dunk of a goal. With Ryan Miller, however, things aren’t always as they appear to be as he robbed Recchi on the backhand attempt to keep the Bruins from running away with the game. Buffalo went on to win the game 4-2 buoyed by Miller’s stellar play in goal.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11