Jan 21, 2011, 9:00 AM EDT
Aside from the occasional night off – or the even less common instance when a save or goal isn’t deemed worthy – the gang at PHT will decide which tally or stop is the best of any given night. Once those two winners are determined, we’ll share our reasoning (and most importantly, the video clip for each) in posts for your viewing pleasure.
Remember Ryan Miller, everyone? He’s the guy that was the man of the hour for Team USA in the Olympics last year. Turns out he’s still pretty good for the Sabres. While the Sabres are on a 7-2-1 roll of late and back in the thick of things for the playoff hunt, Miller’s been his usual brilliant self and last night the Boston Bruins got a taste of it.
With the Bruins up 2-1 midway through the second period, the puck was dumped deep into the Buffalo end. Patrice Bergeron raced down ice to reach it first and hit a streaking Mark Recchi out front. Recchi deked and got Miller out of position for what looked to be a virtual slam dunk of a goal. With Ryan Miller, however, things aren’t always as they appear to be as he robbed Recchi on the backhand attempt to keep the Bruins from running away with the game. Buffalo went on to win the game 4-2 buoyed by Miller’s stellar play in goal.
- Wild hoping last change can help turn the tide versus Avs 0
- Wild changes: Kuemper starts, Brodziak sits, Heatley draws in 2
- No hearing scheduled for Richards after Couture spear 8
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 14
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 25
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 31
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 68
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (152)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (112)
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes (96)