Jan 21, 2011, 12:37 PM EST
Right when the Islanders were getting some of their defensive corps back together, they’ll have to part ways with a helpful member of their blue line for a bit. The Isles announced that Milan Jurcina will be out 2-4 weeks with the ever-mysterious upper body injury. Jurcina had just recently returned to the Isles lineup and he was able to give them a big body presence and a decent shot from the point.
Now, they’ll have to go back to their youth movement on the blue line. With Mark Eaton, Mike Mottau, and Mark Streit also out, youngsters like Travis Hamonic, Andrew MacDonald, and Dylan Reese have had to shoulder the load of late for the Islanders. If that doesn’t sound like a recipe for success to you then you’ll have a full grasp on why the Islanders are 14th out of 15 teams in the Eastern Conference.
Jurcina’s setback isn’t as dire as the ones to Eaton and Mottau who are both out for the season, but it’s frustrating nonetheless as he’s been out of the lineup more often than he’s been in it.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35