Jan 21, 2011, 12:37 PM EDT
Right when the Islanders were getting some of their defensive corps back together, they’ll have to part ways with a helpful member of their blue line for a bit. The Isles announced that Milan Jurcina will be out 2-4 weeks with the ever-mysterious upper body injury. Jurcina had just recently returned to the Isles lineup and he was able to give them a big body presence and a decent shot from the point.
Now, they’ll have to go back to their youth movement on the blue line. With Mark Eaton, Mike Mottau, and Mark Streit also out, youngsters like Travis Hamonic, Andrew MacDonald, and Dylan Reese have had to shoulder the load of late for the Islanders. If that doesn’t sound like a recipe for success to you then you’ll have a full grasp on why the Islanders are 14th out of 15 teams in the Eastern Conference.
Jurcina’s setback isn’t as dire as the ones to Eaton and Mottau who are both out for the season, but it’s frustrating nonetheless as he’s been out of the lineup more often than he’s been in it.
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Eastern Conference Final Game 7 6
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 30
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 53
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 46
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 18
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 10
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (77)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (53)