Jan 20, 2011, 1:51 PM EDT
After getting you up to date regarding NBC’s plans for the 2011 edition of Hockey Day in America, we also thought you might want to know about some of the other news regarding puck coverage.
- Versus announced today that the network will carry a substantial seven hours of coverage on the 2011 NHL All-Star Game during the weekend. The network’s coverage begins on Friday, January 28th with the Fantasy Draft, continues with the SuperSkills Competition on that Saturday (more on that later) and then the actual game on Sunday the 30th.
They also apparently plan to premiere their “Imovix replay system,” which reportedly slows down in-game action to 500 frames per second, offering replays that can “even show the rotation of a puck during a shot.”
- Hockey fans who don’t want to wait a week to see a collection of talent are in luck because NHL Network will air the 2011 Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects game this afternoon at 2 pm ET.
Of course, the contest already happened as Team Orr earned a 7-1 win over Team Cherry (labeled Team “CHE” in the clips below, which is funny since Don Cherry probably isn’t a fan of a certain Che). You can read about the game here and watch highlights at the bottom of this post.
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 13
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 11
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 33
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 110
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7