Jan 20, 2011, 1:51 PM EDT
After getting you up to date regarding NBC’s plans for the 2011 edition of Hockey Day in America, we also thought you might want to know about some of the other news regarding puck coverage.
- Versus announced today that the network will carry a substantial seven hours of coverage on the 2011 NHL All-Star Game during the weekend. The network’s coverage begins on Friday, January 28th with the Fantasy Draft, continues with the SuperSkills Competition on that Saturday (more on that later) and then the actual game on Sunday the 30th.
They also apparently plan to premiere their “Imovix replay system,” which reportedly slows down in-game action to 500 frames per second, offering replays that can “even show the rotation of a puck during a shot.”
- Hockey fans who don’t want to wait a week to see a collection of talent are in luck because NHL Network will air the 2011 Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects game this afternoon at 2 pm ET.
Of course, the contest already happened as Team Orr earned a 7-1 win over Team Cherry (labeled Team “CHE” in the clips below, which is funny since Don Cherry probably isn’t a fan of a certain Che). You can read about the game here and watch highlights at the bottom of this post.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)