Jan 20, 2011, 1:51 PM EST
After getting you up to date regarding NBC’s plans for the 2011 edition of Hockey Day in America, we also thought you might want to know about some of the other news regarding puck coverage.
- Versus announced today that the network will carry a substantial seven hours of coverage on the 2011 NHL All-Star Game during the weekend. The network’s coverage begins on Friday, January 28th with the Fantasy Draft, continues with the SuperSkills Competition on that Saturday (more on that later) and then the actual game on Sunday the 30th.
They also apparently plan to premiere their “Imovix replay system,” which reportedly slows down in-game action to 500 frames per second, offering replays that can “even show the rotation of a puck during a shot.”
- Hockey fans who don’t want to wait a week to see a collection of talent are in luck because NHL Network will air the 2011 Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects game this afternoon at 2 pm ET.
Of course, the contest already happened as Team Orr earned a 7-1 win over Team Cherry (labeled Team “CHE” in the clips below, which is funny since Don Cherry probably isn’t a fan of a certain Che). You can read about the game here and watch highlights at the bottom of this post.
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 21
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updayed) 36
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 58
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 33
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 56
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 165
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 5
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 25
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 53
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (165)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand (61)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)