Jan 20, 2011, 2:55 PM EST
If you forced me to wager my financial future/collection of Garbage Pail Kids cards* on one future headline, I probably would have placed “Marco Sturm put on injured reserve” in the top five. Well, that predictable outcome came true, as the Kings report that they placed the regularly injured German on the IR today. They recalled Andrei Loktionov from the AHL to take his place.
* – Redundant, I know.
Don’t get me wrong, though. Just because the news is predictable doesn’t mean that anyone is happy about it.
The bottom line is that Sturm hasn’t been healthy with much regularity since the 2008-09 season when he only played in 19 games. He managed to play 76 games with Boston last season but missed a chunk of the playoffs and only played in 15 contests for Los Angeles so far in 2010-11.
We’ll let you know if Sturm ends up coming back this season, but you have to wonder if the winger will ever get healthy enough to play properly again.
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 4
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 1
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 21
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 2
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)