Jan 20, 2011, 2:55 PM EDT
If you forced me to wager my financial future/collection of Garbage Pail Kids cards* on one future headline, I probably would have placed “Marco Sturm put on injured reserve” in the top five. Well, that predictable outcome came true, as the Kings report that they placed the regularly injured German on the IR today. They recalled Andrei Loktionov from the AHL to take his place.
* – Redundant, I know.
Don’t get me wrong, though. Just because the news is predictable doesn’t mean that anyone is happy about it.
The bottom line is that Sturm hasn’t been healthy with much regularity since the 2008-09 season when he only played in 19 games. He managed to play 76 games with Boston last season but missed a chunk of the playoffs and only played in 15 contests for Los Angeles so far in 2010-11.
We’ll let you know if Sturm ends up coming back this season, but you have to wonder if the winger will ever get healthy enough to play properly again.
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 18
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 16
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (47)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)