Jan 20, 2011, 11:15 AM EDT
In the interest of making sure you’re updated on a variety of injury situations around the league, here’s a quick rundown of some of the banged up teams in the NHL, as the New York Rangers, Montreal Canadiens and St. Louis Blues cannot seem to get a break.
(Unless it’s a broken bone.)
- Joe mentioned that Jeff Halpern was banged up along with Max Pacioretty and Michael Cammalleri, as the two-way forward appeared to hurt his shoulder landing into the boards. Halpern is day-to-day with the “upper body injury” according to NHL On the Fly. That means that the Habs will be without Halpern for a short period time, Cammalleri and Pacioretty for an intermediate one and defensemen Andrei Markov and Josh Gorges for the rest of the season. Ouch.
- Speaking of teams who seem to face injury after injury, the Blues defenseman Carlo Colaicovo was hit in the face with a puck again on Tuesday during the team’s game against the Los Angeles Kings. Norm Sanders reports that a puck rolled up the stick of Kings defenseman Drew Doughty and struck him in the left eye. The Blues placed him on the injured reserve on Wednesday.
Colaicovo has to be one of the unluckiest defenseman in the NHL, from an injury standpoint.
- In the final bit of “injuries piling on” news, the Rangers must deal with the loss of Ruslan Fedotenko for two to four weeks. They just found out that they lost crucial forward Brandon Dubinsky, adding to a wounded list that includes Alex Frolov, Derek Stepan, Derek Boogaard, Vaclav Prospal, Ryan Callahan and Erik Christensen.
If the Rangers make the playoffs despite these losses in the 2010-11 season, John Tortorella deserves some serious consideration for the Jack Adams. Check out video of Fedotenko’s injury below.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 71
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 54
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 34
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)