Jan 20, 2011, 11:15 AM EST
In the interest of making sure you’re updated on a variety of injury situations around the league, here’s a quick rundown of some of the banged up teams in the NHL, as the New York Rangers, Montreal Canadiens and St. Louis Blues cannot seem to get a break.
(Unless it’s a broken bone.)
- Joe mentioned that Jeff Halpern was banged up along with Max Pacioretty and Michael Cammalleri, as the two-way forward appeared to hurt his shoulder landing into the boards. Halpern is day-to-day with the “upper body injury” according to NHL On the Fly. That means that the Habs will be without Halpern for a short period time, Cammalleri and Pacioretty for an intermediate one and defensemen Andrei Markov and Josh Gorges for the rest of the season. Ouch.
- Speaking of teams who seem to face injury after injury, the Blues defenseman Carlo Colaicovo was hit in the face with a puck again on Tuesday during the team’s game against the Los Angeles Kings. Norm Sanders reports that a puck rolled up the stick of Kings defenseman Drew Doughty and struck him in the left eye. The Blues placed him on the injured reserve on Wednesday.
Colaicovo has to be one of the unluckiest defenseman in the NHL, from an injury standpoint.
- In the final bit of “injuries piling on” news, the Rangers must deal with the loss of Ruslan Fedotenko for two to four weeks. They just found out that they lost crucial forward Brandon Dubinsky, adding to a wounded list that includes Alex Frolov, Derek Stepan, Derek Boogaard, Vaclav Prospal, Ryan Callahan and Erik Christensen.
If the Rangers make the playoffs despite these losses in the 2010-11 season, John Tortorella deserves some serious consideration for the Jack Adams. Check out video of Fedotenko’s injury below.
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 0
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 1
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 45
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 2
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2
- Team Canada crushes Slovakia 14
- Criticism spreads to GM Lou Lamoriello after Devils fire DeBoer 10
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 2
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap (45)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)