Jan 19, 2011, 6:43 PM EDT
Last night was especially rough for the Montreal Canadiens as they saw Mike Cammalleri and Max Pacioretty leave the game with injuries while Brian Gionta, Jeff Halpern, and P.K. Subban also all fought off problems throughout the game.
Today, a report has popped up saying that Cammalleri and Pacioretty may miss up to a month each with their injuries. Cammalleri was shoved into the boards by Buffalo’s Mike Weber and suffered a shoulder injury. Pacioretty was hit with a puck shot by teammate James Wisniewski and taken out of HSBC Arena in an ambulance to be evaluated for what’s believed to be a rib injury.
Losing both of these players for any amount of time is a huge blow to the Habs offense as Cammalleri is one of the teams top goal scorers while Pacioretty has blossomed into one of their better offensive options since coming back up from the AHL. In the meantime, the team has called up young forward Andreas Engqvist to fill out part of their lineup. It’s possible the Swedish center is getting the call because Jeff Halpern is banged up a bit more than we know, but for now we’ll assume he’s just part of the reinforcements coming from AHL Hamilton to take the spot of either Cammalleri or Pacioretty.
The Habs are trying to keep pace with Boston in the Northeast Division and losing major contributors like this will make the task much more difficult if they’re out for a prolonged amount of time.
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 11
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 11
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 20
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 28
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)