Jan 19, 2011, 6:43 PM EDT
Last night was especially rough for the Montreal Canadiens as they saw Mike Cammalleri and Max Pacioretty leave the game with injuries while Brian Gionta, Jeff Halpern, and P.K. Subban also all fought off problems throughout the game.
Today, a report has popped up saying that Cammalleri and Pacioretty may miss up to a month each with their injuries. Cammalleri was shoved into the boards by Buffalo’s Mike Weber and suffered a shoulder injury. Pacioretty was hit with a puck shot by teammate James Wisniewski and taken out of HSBC Arena in an ambulance to be evaluated for what’s believed to be a rib injury.
Losing both of these players for any amount of time is a huge blow to the Habs offense as Cammalleri is one of the teams top goal scorers while Pacioretty has blossomed into one of their better offensive options since coming back up from the AHL. In the meantime, the team has called up young forward Andreas Engqvist to fill out part of their lineup. It’s possible the Swedish center is getting the call because Jeff Halpern is banged up a bit more than we know, but for now we’ll assume he’s just part of the reinforcements coming from AHL Hamilton to take the spot of either Cammalleri or Pacioretty.
The Habs are trying to keep pace with Boston in the Northeast Division and losing major contributors like this will make the task much more difficult if they’re out for a prolonged amount of time.
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 23
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 5
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)