Jan 19, 2011, 6:43 PM EDT
Last night was especially rough for the Montreal Canadiens as they saw Mike Cammalleri and Max Pacioretty leave the game with injuries while Brian Gionta, Jeff Halpern, and P.K. Subban also all fought off problems throughout the game.
Today, a report has popped up saying that Cammalleri and Pacioretty may miss up to a month each with their injuries. Cammalleri was shoved into the boards by Buffalo’s Mike Weber and suffered a shoulder injury. Pacioretty was hit with a puck shot by teammate James Wisniewski and taken out of HSBC Arena in an ambulance to be evaluated for what’s believed to be a rib injury.
Losing both of these players for any amount of time is a huge blow to the Habs offense as Cammalleri is one of the teams top goal scorers while Pacioretty has blossomed into one of their better offensive options since coming back up from the AHL. In the meantime, the team has called up young forward Andreas Engqvist to fill out part of their lineup. It’s possible the Swedish center is getting the call because Jeff Halpern is banged up a bit more than we know, but for now we’ll assume he’s just part of the reinforcements coming from AHL Hamilton to take the spot of either Cammalleri or Pacioretty.
The Habs are trying to keep pace with Boston in the Northeast Division and losing major contributors like this will make the task much more difficult if they’re out for a prolonged amount of time.
- Video: Flyers trounce slumping Penguins on Rivalry Night 21
- Video: Crosby scores goal No. 300 for his NHL career 5
- (Video) McKenzie: ‘Best guess is anywhere from 3-5 games’ for Byfuglien suspension 15
- Byfuglien to have phone hearing for Miller cross-check 44
- Patrick Kane is practicing today 30
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers won’t fool with Penguins on Rivalry Night 35
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller 66
- Video: Byfuglien gets away with ugly cross check, penalized late in Jets loss to Rangers 36
- Video: Lucic scores late winner, Bruins deal crushing blow to Panthers playoff hopes 11
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 18
- ‘Could’ve broken his neck,’ says Vigneault of Byfuglien cross check on Miller (66)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (65)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Sabres GM Tim Murray: ‘I think too much about’ McDavid (55)
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack (49)